Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FF402

Bruce Willis Appreciates Emergency Workers

3 posts in this topic

Bruce Willis was recently quoted saying this. Either that or he's desperate for these guys to come see his movies.

Bruce Willis Appreciates Emergency Workers

Bruce Willis is championing a new initiative to provide emergency workers with better pay, and he believes starring as policemen adds weight to their campaign. The star jumps at the chance to plays cops in action films because he wants Americans to realize the harsh realitites of their everyday life.

Willis plays an alcoholic cop in his new film 16 Blocks. He says, "I have a strong affinity towards working class people. I believe that any job that requires you to possibly get shot at or get shot dead, you should be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for. These guys (cops) don't get paid anything, yet they go out there and do it. There are not a lot of them out there, and they are the last line between us and the wolves and the chaos that's out in the world. All these guys - cops, EMT workers, men and women, emergency room doctors and nurses - have to see horrific things. There should be thousands of films done about these guys. And they should get paid more money, a lot more money."

The actor insists the government should be spending more money on emergency workers and less on weapons. He adds, "Let's not build one more rocket, one bomb less, and you can solve a lot of problems."

wow...its great to see someone in the public eye say this about "us"

i think its good that someone enlighten's the public about some of the things emergency service workers go through, lots of horror stories