Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy

Florida hostage situation

4 posts in this topic

I'm not a police officer and I wasn't there but why did the SWAT teams storm into that bank? It seems like such a dangerous tactic! I think I've seen enough cop shows and movies to know better. They were lucky that last hostage or anyone else wasn't killed!

Maybe they knew something?

Anyway, I didn't see a full story in the news. I was wondering if anyone else got the full story.

Just curious.

Could you possibly enlighten the rest of us as to what you are talking about? A link would be helpful.

He is talking about a robbery of the Mercantile Bank near Disney on State Road 192 in Kissimmee Florida.

Indicating that the SWAT team stormed the building might suggest recklessness on their part. I caution the use of that term. I liken it to when a piece of fire apparatus is involved in an MVA that wasn't the operators fault in any way, yet witnesses say that the truck came "barrelling down the street".

From what I can gather, after all but one of the hostages were set free, the male and female criminals mood changed significantly. I would bet that the order was given based on intelligence regarding the layout of the bank, location of hostage, and other factors that the SWAT team should enter the facility.

During the course of entering the bank the robbers departed via a seperate entrance in an employee's vehicle. A short time later their progress was impeeded by police barricades. After a botched vehicle switch and threats to kill the sole remaining hostage, the male criminal was taken out by an sniper.... Presumably an Osceola County Sheriff's Unit. The female criminal is in custody.

http://www.local6.com/news/6007331/detail.html

Turns out this was just a few blocks from my timeshare - I knows the area well. If others know the area - its just a bit up the street from the attraction "Splendid China" on rte 192 - known as the "Main Gate" area