Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

FDNY's Bravest OK contract

6 posts in this topic

December 30, 2005 -- The FDNY's rank and file yesterday overwhelmingly approved a contract agreement between their union and the city.

"The agreement not only provides our firefighters a wage increase, but, most significantly, it serves to enhance public and firefighter safety for the next half a decade," said Uniformed Firefighters Association President Steve Cassidy.

The 50-month contract guarantees a 17 percent pay hike over 50 months, and is expected to cost the city an additional $168 million by next year.

The agreement, announced last October, has already been approved by union brass and Bravest delegates.

Yesterday, firefighters took the final step and ratified the agreement, with 86 percent in support of the contract — 6,094 in favor and 829 against.

That's it Pudd, get all excited about that retro check, let me know how easy it is to sit across from your next proby and tell him you screwed him so you could get new carpet in your house.

That's it Pudd, get all excited about that retro check, let me know how easy it is to sit across from your next proby and tell him you screwed him so you could get new carpet in your house.

If the next proby is worried about the money he should seek other employment.

Perhaps I phrased that wrong, what I meant to say was that retro money shouldn't come on the heels of givebacks. Espescially givebacks as big as these.

Edited by dknob17