Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hazmat Co. 1

17 posts in this topic

I see that HM 1 is getting a new Ferrara, is this somewhat of a trial for what could replace the 5 rescues? Seems that the E-one hasn't been too popular.

Edited by lfdR1

From the Ferrara website, it looks like it is coming along nicely. See it here:

Ferrara Fire Apparatus

You can also Pleasantville's Engine 91 and Rescue 47 under construction.

Edited by grumpyff

City of Mount Vernon also has 2 pumpers on the site. They should be delivered around Christmas.

The rumors have been flying about what is going to replace the E-Ones. Pierce, another Seagrave, Ferarra. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm just surprised the Mack is being replaced so soon. I mean, it's only three or four years old.

I'm just surprised the Mack is being replaced so soon. I mean, it's only three or four years old.

possibly a spare? or mabye a second haz-mat unit?

THE RUMOR IS THAT A SECOND HAZ-MAT WILL BE PLACED INTO SERVICE CAN NOT CONFIRM THIS IT CAME FOR A SOC GUY. MAYBE WE WILL SEE.

THE RUMOR IS THAT A SECOND HAZ-MAT WILL BE PLACED INTO SERVICE CAN NOT CONFIRM THIS IT CAME FOR A SOC GUY. MAYBE WE WILL SEE.

Not true......thats what the "recomendation" of the McKinsey report was.

It may not be true, but hey, stranger things have happened.

That rig is going to replace the current Hazmat 1 as per a guy who does apparatus purchase/planning for the FDNY.

The current Hazmat 1 (Mack MR) is not 3 or 4 years old, it is actually nearing 10! The 2nd piece is only 4 years old now.

I have a feeling the rig running now will become a reserve, or the current spare will become the reserve, and the current Mack will be a spare. (Follow that! lol) The Ferrara will replace the Mack, but all the fans of the Mack, like my self can expect to see it quite a bit. Why? Because it is being replaced by a Ferrara. I am not bashing Ferrara, just stating that a large percentage of their vehicles have issues which cause down time. The FDNY is fortunate to have what some would call a large fleet of spares (but, almost all the spare rigs are out right now).

Edited by FDNY 10-75

The current Hazmat 1 (Mack MR) is not 3 or 4 years old, it is actually nearing 10! The 2nd piece is only 4 years old now.

no they got a new first piece back in 2001

But haven't HAZMAT 1 usually been using one of the old rescues, I know the used either Rescue 3 or 4's Mack then they got the HME / Saulsbury fron Rescue 4 for a while didn't they oe was that just done for use of a spare unit and they had their own ring since 2001 / 2002?

But haven't HAZMAT 1 usually been using one of the old rescues, I know the used either Rescue 3 or 4's Mack then they got the HME / Saulsbury fron Rescue 4 for a while didn't they oe was that just done for use of a spare unit and they had their own ring since 2001 / 2002?

That was Rescue 5's 1996 HME/Saulsbury. The remaining HME/Saulsbury's (FMR R3, R4)are a spare and a reserve rescue.

That rig is going to replace the current Hazmat 1 as per a guy who does apparatus purchase/planning for the FDNY. 

I have a feeling the rig running now will become a reserve, or the current spare will become the reserve, and the current Mack will be a spare. (Follow that! lol) The Ferrara will replace the Mack, but all the fans of the Mack, like my self can expect to see it quite a bit. Why? Because it is being replaced by a Ferrara. I am not bashing Ferrara, just stating that a large percentage of their vehicles have issues which cause down time. The FDNY is fortunate to have what some would call a large fleet of spares (but, almost all the spare rigs are out right now).

Must be the same guy that told ya about the Pierce Rescue? ;)

Lets clear this up for the "buffs"....

HazMat 1 (main rig) - 2001 Mack MR/Saulsbury

HazMat 1 (2nd piece) - 2002 Kenworth/Pierce

HazMat 1 (spare) - 1996 HME/Saulsbury(Ex R5)

HazMat 1 (spare) - 1989 Mack MC/Saulsbury(Ex Hazmat 1)

HazMat 1 (2nd Piece spare) - 1996 International/Saulsbury (Ex HazMat 2nd piece)

Oh and the Ferrara rig is set to replace HazMat 1 main rig......the 2001 Mack MR/Saulsbury, a rig that is only 4 yrs young.

Edited by Sq288_HM1

I stand very corrected, I don't know what I was thinking when I said HM1 was nearing 10 years old. ;)

Just to add to what Sq288/HM1 said, researching my errors,

Hazmat 1 is a 2001 Mack MR/Saulsbury Walk-in 26' Rescue (SH01001).

Hazmat 1's 2nd Piece is a 2002 Kenworth/Pierce 15' Rescue (PH02001).

Hazmat 1's Main spare is a 1996 HME 1871/Saulsbury 23' Rescue (SE9605). Ex-R5.

Hazmat 1's secondary spare is a 1989 Mack MC 688FC/Saulsbury Concorde 25' Rescue (MH8901). Ex-HM1

Hazmat 1's 2nd piece spare is a 1996 International 4900/Saulsbury 15' Rescue (IH9601). Ex-HM1 2nd Piece

Edited by FDNY 10-75

Just to add to what Sq288/HM1 said, researching my errors,

Hazmat 1 is a 2001 Mack MR/Saulsbury Walk-in 26' Rescue (SH01001).

Hazmat 1's 2nd Piece is a 2002 Kenworth/Pierce 15' Rescue (PH02001).

Hazmat 1's Main spare is a 1996 HME 1871/Saulsbury 23' Rescue (SE9605). Ex-R5.

Hazmat 1's secondary spare is a 1989 Mack MC 688FC/Saulsbury Concorde 25' Rescue (MH8901). Ex-HM1

Hazmat 1's 2nd piece spare is a 1996 International 4900/Saulsbury 15' Rescue (IH9601). Ex-HM1 2nd Piece

Thats what I said!!!!!lol