Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New FDNY Operational Reference Now Available

3 posts in this topic

Just a heads up, the 2005 edition of the FDNY Operational Reference is now available. I think it's quite comprehensive, and interesting read, as I have the older editions and find the massive amount of logistical information in the book fascinating. The book is usually a sell-out.

http://www.fire-police-ems.com/books/bf1116.shtml

And if anybody's looking for the Sept-Oct edition of Fire Apparatus Journal, they have it in stock and available too.

FDNY Operational Reference, 6th ed., Jim Griffiths, 2005

What has been described as "the mother of all FDNY reference books" has gotten even better!

The FDNY Operational Reference covers engine, ladder, and rescue/squad operations; includes chief officer operations, training, and statistics; explains foam, hazmat, marine, collapse, pipeline, and airport operations; provides details of dispatch operations, alarm assignment, and radio procedures.

It also lists apparatus assignment for each company and unit; includes an overview of EMS operations and shows ambulance deployment, and much, much more!

Some highlights in this new edition:

Expanded responsibilities per the Strategic Plan: SOC Support Ladders; Rapid Response Units; Chemical Protective Clothing Companies

New units placed in service, including collapse rescues, collapse rescue PODS, one engine company, Governors Island Fire Protection Unit, and several special units.

New Hazmat response assignment protocols

Revised roof rope procedures

New airport firefighting/rescue vehicles

AirTrain operations

Up to date station and apparatus listings

Current EMS operations and ambulance deployment plan

Updated statistics through 2004.

8 1/2" x 11", 261 pages, softcover, BF1116 / $29.95

Edited by x635

This is a great book. Mr. Griffiths is also absolute aces. I recommend this to anyone who is a super buff, along with anyone who is looking to get on the job with FDNY, either as a Firefighter, or as a Dispatcher.

Great book: I have the last three....(and will get this one as well)