Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYPD ESU Trucks-Manufacturer?

3 posts in this topic

Now that Saulsbury has shut down basically by the E-One aqquisition, is Saulsbury still manufacturing the ESU Trucks (the Macks, not the REP's) from their Florida plant??

Also, who currently builds the ESU REP bodies for NYPD? Odyssey still have the contract????

And my final question...what is the typical lifespan/replacment cycle of these rigs??

Edited by x635

i believe odyssey still maked the REPs

Edited by 901

X,

I do beleive Oddyssey is still doing their REP's.They are probably gonna be doin a few trucks for us by years end...so I'll inquire. Last I was out there they had a few chassis stripped and they had NY on the winshield. But that also could have been for FDNY as well.A couple of months ago I stopped at Truck 1 and they were telling us that they have been having problems with some of rescue bodies being mounted on the chassis. Seems they tweek and twist. Not sure if they ever solved the problem but it didn't sound like they were happy with Saulsbury. Our Truck is being done by P/L here in NJ and he's done quite a few Mack/heavy rescue's hopefully it will be fine.

What I'd like to know is how I can get my hands on a Ex-REP for a spare for us.....