Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

What should EMS be called

16 posts in this topic

OK here the thing. WE all know that FDNY is the NEW YORKS BRAVEST =D> =D> =D> which is true there are, and we all know NYPD is NEW YORKS FINEST =D> =D> =D> which is all so true, but what about NEW YORKS EMS when ever someone talks about a firefighter or a police officer they are always called as either THE BRAVEST or THE FINEST what about EMS. well it either ambulace driver or my personal favorte mister can you look at cut on my finger lol... but for real even NEW YORKS teach have there own catch phrase NEW YORKS BRIGHTEST. I would like to here from you guys on what would be a good catch phrase for EMS in genaral. i was thinking some like NEW YORKS HUMBLE because we deal with town drunk at 0330 :yikes: you know the one that spits at you because you are trying to pull he's pants up or your working a code and the family see's you there and your trying to help console them once the person been down for 30mins. and they are curseing you out tell you to go back there and help them. so i would like to hear what you guys have to said lets hear some good catch phrases

I've actually heard them refered to as NY's Best. Not sure how official that is, and I wouldn't comment on it with a 10ft pole, but ocasionally the media will use this title.

They were referred to as The BEST. This was before the merger. I don't know what they are referred to now.

I think they are still referred to as "The Best"

i haven't ever heard new york ems as new yorks best

THEY ARE STILL KNOWN AS "THE BEST" AND JUST AN FYI THE DEPT OF CORRECTIONS IS "THE BOLDEST" AND THE SANATATION IS "THE STRONGEST"

when I was in fort totten in 1990 we were told that we are called the best

Always have known it as "The Best".

I like to consider EMS as "ABUSED."

Those of you working in the system are great, but the truth is what it is...... the system is grossly abused!!!

I like to consider EMS as "ABUSED."

Those of you working in the system are great, but the truth is what it is...... the system is grossly abused!!!

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

EMS is still called NY "The Best". Ft Totton has the signs up and the Instructors still call it that.

If I ever get hurt where I need EMS, I will ask for an FDNY bus. Nobody does it better than the BEST!!!

yes before the hostile takeover it was NYC*EMS THE BEST..................

EMS MOS call themselves the best, unfortunately, the media does not, and the ems union doesn't push the subject.

Maybe they should be called The Fastest, Have you ever seen a bus with a rush go down east tremont. :blink:

The media??..they dont even know we exist, as for the bus on east tremont the only thing that comes close is one going down Queens blvd....lol