x635

Croton Firefighters Use Facebook To Document First Reponders' Work

1 post in this topic

Croton Firefighters Use Facebook To Document First Reponders' Work

CROTON-On-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Croton-on-Hudson firefighter Dave Kempter sums up his on-the-job motivation with two simple ideals: "try to make a difference" and "everyone goes home."

With all the "bad" things that Kempter and his co-workers have seen happen to good people, it seemed right to document first-person accounts -- with a Facebook page called Kempter's Fire Wire -- as a way of letting us know what we should be doing to avoid the emergencies that can cost previous lives.

"The satisfaction of knowing that I made a difference is all that keeps me going, training and Learning never stops," Kempter said. "Every time we respond to an emergency the saying "everyone goes home" is in the back of my head, not only for my brother firefighters but for the people we protect. There is nothing better in this world than being able to help and serve the community in such a valuable way as being in the emergency services business."

Full article: http://cortlandt.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/croton-firefighters-use-facebook-document-first-reponders-work