Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sfrd18

In Memorium - Bridgeport, CT FD LODD's

2 posts in this topic

Today, July 24th, 2011 marks the one year anniversary of the deaths of Bridgeport, CT Fire Department's Lieutenant Steven Valesquez and Firefighter Michel Baik, both of Ladder Co. 11, who made the supreme sacrifice at a structure fire on Elmwood Avenue in the city's West Side. A memorial service and dedication cerimony for a firefighter's memorial was held at 11:00hrs. this morning at BFD's Engine 7 and Ladder 11 Fire Station in the city's Black Rock neighborhood. It was a very tragic day that will never be forgotten. Rest in peace men. Always in our hearts.

Thank you and although I was not able to attend this memorial service, I clearly remember the day it happened. It was a very hot humid day. My brother in law was working for AMR ambulance service in Bridgeport. He was on the scene and transported one of the firefighters. He called my sister from the Emergency room and said that there was a fire on Elmwood Ave and something bad had happened. My brother (retired Bridgeport Firefighter) and I attended the funeral service.

May they Rest in Peace. And Thank you for your services to the City of Bridgeport.