Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pelham EMS Questions

2 posts in this topic

*Disclaimer: These are questions, do not read into them. They are not meant to offend or insult anyone. Kleenex will not be provided.*

Since I moved to Texas three years ago, I've lost touch with some things.

With people mentioning Pelham as a Westchester location near the bus crash, it led me to thinking I have no idea what the EMS situation is anymore.

I worked 38-A-1 in Pelham around 1998'ish, and we were stationed out of the Pelham firehouse. We had radios for all emergency agencies in Pelham, and were dispatched by 60 Control and Empress Central communications.

Last I knew, EMS was provided via single medic flycar, which was a 200? Chevrolet/614 Custom. It was owned by Pelham, but staffed by Empress EMS. They were stationed at the DPW yard in Pelham Manor. They would respond to a call and start care, and depend on an ambulance from Empress's SSM system. I'm not sure how or who dispatched.

So, that's the last I knew. What is the current EMS delivery model in Pelham?

Also, Rescue 45 would respond on all Pelham Village EMS calls, and was designed to take wear and tear off Pelham's at the time hurting fleet. Has Rescue 45 been replaced, or is the same car still running? Same question for the 38-M-1 vehicle?

post-11-0-33438700-1300061879.jpg

PFDRes47cue likes this

Last I knew, EMS was provided via single medic flycar, which was a 200? Chevrolet/614 Custom. It was owned by Pelham, but staffed by Empress EMS. They were stationed at the DPW yard in Pelham Manor. They would respond to a call and start care, and depend on an ambulance from Empress's SSM system. I'm not sure how or who dispatched. So, that's the last I knew. What is the current EMS delivery model in Pelham?

No change.

Also, Rescue 45 would respond on all Pelham Village EMS calls, and was designed to take wear and tear off Pelham's at the time hurting fleet. Has Rescue 45 been replaced, or is the same car still running?

It is no longer used as a BLS Flycar. 1st due engine goes on all calls now.