Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest rcom4241

FDNY EMS Hiring Process Questions

9 posts in this topic

I have a few questions about the hiring process for the FDNY EMS, I am going through it right now. So if there is anyone who works for them can you let me know, so I can pick your brain.

Thank you very much.

Edited by rcom4241

I specifically wanted to know about the psych test and the background investigation. What's involved in each.

Psych is just a version of the MMPI. Its the standard psych evaluation used most in municipal and private sectors in a variety of industries. Its nothing to worry about because its incredibly difficult to out think. Just take your time and answer honestly. Its basically several dozen questions asked in a variety of different ways over and over.

EMS background is very basic. If you have a solid history without large unexplained gaps they confirm your education call a couple employers and run you through PD. As long as there are no flags that's about it.

After you take the written psych is there an interview with a doctor?

Does anyone know any reasons why someone would be DQ from the FDNY EMS hiring process, other then purjury?

Felony, drug, violent, or sexual based criminal convictions. Terminated with cause from another city agency. Falsifying your application. Failed drug screening or medical exam. Failed psych exam.

What about being terminated from a regular job?

What about being terminated from a regular job?