Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NYC EMS Civil Service List Number

5 posts in this topic

Anyone know what list number FDNY is up to from EMS exam #1000? I heard there are about 19xx people on the list. How long should it be before they're done processing everyone on it? Thx.

Rumor is that around the begining of February... from a pretty reliable source.

They are having another test in February?

Rumor is that around the begining of February... from a pretty reliable source.

Thx

They are having another test in February?

I seriously doubt the list would be exhausted by February as that would only allow one more class and I know people on the list who haven't even been called for their agility yet. It also takes close to a year from test announcement to list certification and considering the new emphasis on only hiring civil service appointees I would think a new test would be out be before the list is exhausted. However, the city is still pushing to reclassify titles as non-civil service. There was a court case up in Greene county we were waiting to hear on, but I don't know the outcome. On the upside while things are in limbo the city is supposed to continue holding exams and the union has been staying on top of them about it.

In short there have been no announcements about a new filing period yet so I'm guessing nothing before the spring.