Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mamaroneck Village Ladder 20

3 posts in this topic

Again, I'm probaly out of the loop, but I recall a few years ago Mamaroneck Village retired the Seagrave Ladder 20, and was looking for a replacement. Did they ever replace it?

I think you mean ladder 21. Ladder 20 is the 1996 Sutphen TDA and it is still in service; Ladder 21, the 1976 Seagrave 100ft rear mount was taken out of service in 2008 and listed for sale on auctionsinternational.com.

According lfd171's fotki page, VMFD has placed an order for a Spartan/Smeal 100ft TL for delivery spring 2011 however.

Edited by bvfdjc316

I think you mean ladder 21. Ladder 20 is the 1996 Sutphen TDA and it is still in service; Ladder 21, the 1976 Seagrave 100ft rear mount was taken out of service in 2008 and listed for sale on auctionsinternational.com.

According lfd171's fotki page, VMFD has placed an order for a Spartan/Smeal 100ft TL for delivery spring 2011 however.

Yes, Ladder 21 was taken out of service in '08, and I believe was sold. However, I didn't know about the Spartan/Smeal 100' tower. Wonder if it'll replace Ladder 20?

Edited by sfrd18