Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RescueKujo

FDNY FF Jim Ryan-Denied Department Funeral?

3 posts in this topic

I posted a LODD for FDNY FF Jim Ryan the other day, and in the article I linked it was stated his death was related to his actions on 9/11. Now I'm reading that he has been denied a Department Funeral and his death is not 9/11 related?

NEW YORK - A wake is being held for a New York City firefighter who worked at Ground Zero for six months after 9/11 and was later diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Firefighter James Ryan, of Kings Park, N.Y., died on Christmas. He was 48 and leaves a wife and three children.

Uniformed Firefighters Association president Steven Cassidy is upset Ryan will not receive a line of duty funeral because the city does not consider his death job related.

Ryan's brother, Mike, believes his brother's cancer resulted from exposure to toxins at Ground Zero.

Firefighters who had worked with Ryan in Queens say they have organized an honor guard and bagpipes for Tuesday's funeral.

Firefighter Nation Link

Correct it is not an official LODD. FDNY claims they are still awaiting a definitive link between any illnesses and 9/11.

Sadly, this is going to happen over and over again.

RIP and God Bless FF Ryan & his family.