Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Detroit Diesel

4 posts in this topic

The new 2010 Detroit Diesel DD13 with up to 500HP will be exclusive to Pierce custom chassis starting Jan 1 2010.

theres a dde13 now, must be the little brother to the dde15, OH BOY......................................

The new 2010 Detroit Diesel DD13 with up to 500HP will be exclusive to Pierce custom chassis starting Jan 1 2010.

Is being "exclusive" a good thing? Why is it exculsive, because they will only sell to pierce or because only pierce wants it?

Is being "exclusive" a good thing? Why is it exculsive, because they will only sell to pierce or because only pierce wants it?

There was something awhile back with the new compliance the desiel engine manufacturers that Detroit (Dailmer Benz) said they would only provide engines to manufacturers with exclusive rights deals. If I remember correctly this was in response to the added cost, ect. ect. ect. to make the engines compaired to taking a loss by selling them outright to all manufactures.

I'll see if I can find the article later on, I though I might have posted it here on the board. I'm at work so I'll search for it after I get home.