Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Stratford Engine Continously Fails On Way To Calls

2 posts in this topic

Conn. Fire Truck Fails on Way to Call

By Richard Weizel STAFF WRITER

Connecticut Post Online (Bridgeport, Connecticut)

Sun, 12/06/2009 - 14:05

STRATFORD -- The town's busiest firetruck, Engine 1, out of Fire Headquarters on Main Street, broke down -- as it has on several recent occasions -- on the way to a structure fire call Sunday morning, further fueling a raging debate between fire officials and council leaders with Mayor James R. Miron about whether there is an "emergency" need for new equipment.

http://www.firehouse.com/topics/news/conn-truck-breaks-down-way-call

This has been a continuing problem for Stratford and its mainly because of the outgoing mayor. You can ask any of the firefighters from Stratford and they will all say the same thing, they need a few new trucks. Also too their mechanic has been working his toocus off trying to keep the trucks on the road through the problems. Its an unfortunate situation for the past several years with Mayor Moron........I mean Miron not paying attention to the FD's apparatus concerns and problems. I have a lot of friends on SSFD and my cousin is an LT. down there and God forbid...but the mayor had his way and the town council had their hands tied.

Hopefully with the new mayor coming in they will be able to get the two engines they need swiftly.