Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

EFFD In A New Book

3 posts in this topic

This was an extrication demo done at the East Fishkill District Headquarters for a new book coming out soon.

It is called, "You’re My Hero: Inspiring Stories by the Men and Women of the New York State Fire Service, by Barry Spilchuk." I hope everyone will pass this title along to friends and family. It should be a great book.

PoJo.com

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20091118/NEWS05/911180330/Book-documents-heroics-of-firefighters

Thomas

This demo was the first of many planned press-conferences to get the word out about the book. The point of the book is to allow people in the Fire/EMS community to submit stories of who THEIR heroes are.

To read more about this book, and/or submit YOUR story, visit You're My Hero - NY.

I was at that demonstration at the EFFD training center--it was a great job done by all. I would encourage every firefighter to submit a story to the web site. Tell them what inspired you to become a firefighter. Was it a fammily member?? Was there a history of firefighting in your family? Was there an incident that inspired you?

Was there just a deep feeling that you wanted to help?? Career personel---volunteer personnel we all have a begining to our becomeing a member of the firefighting communnity, and I am also sure you are proud of that begining and where it has lead you. How many lives have been touched because you took the courage to become a firefighter. This is about us and how we became firefighters, what reaches in the back of your mind every day as you go to work or when the alarm sounds.

Tell them so the world can find out about New York Firefighters.