Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NJ firetruck forces ambulance off road on way to accident

3 posts in this topic

Firetruck forces ambulance off road on way to Hunterdon County accident, official says

by Curtis Leeds/Hunterdon County Democrat

Thursday September 17, 2009, 12:41 PM

A firetruck responding to a car crash call in Hunterdon County illegally passed an ambulance headed to the same wreck, forcing the ambulance into a ditch when the truck swerved to avoid an oncoming car, an ambulance official said.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/hunterdon-...e_ill.html#more

Edited by jack10562
Source Site Copyright Notice

I'm going to jump the gun on this and say all involved are behaving like children. I've been stuck behind a vehicle that was less than enthusiastic about getting to a call and you're stuck behind them until they acknowledge your presence and pull over for you. I've also been in front of someone who I feel was driving too fast for the conditions, but I signaled and pulled aside so they could safely pass. The last thing you should have to swerve for is one of your own. I've got a lead foot, but you know where responding units are going to be coming from and you should be the first vehicle on the road out of the way. Leave the egos at home. When you're responding to a call there are more important things to worry about than politics.

Extreamly stupid and yes very childish.

I would have had a few words to the guy driving the fire truck....