Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Greenwich Police 10-13 Block Party Fundraiser

6 posts in this topic

On Sunday, July 12th, there is an event fund raising money for a Greenwich (CT) Police Officer. Officer Tony Rivera has lost most of his sight, his kidneys are failing, and he is married, and a father of two children. There are t-shirts available at the event, live music provided by The Short Bus, and there are raffles too. It is taking place on Lower Greenwich Avenue, which will be closed down (Fawcett Place to Railroad Avenue). This event is from 3-8pm and food/drinks are provided by Sundown Saloon, Thataway Cafe, and MacDuff's.

The flyer is attached. More details in today's Greenwich Time. Click Here to View The Article.

n1363196305_30448265_2536535.jpg

Just a reminder that this is tomorrow night!!! Come and support Officer Tony Rivera!

Come from 3-8pm tonight and support Officer Rivera!

Thanks to all who came, on behalf of the Greenwich Police Silver Shield Association! Tony was greatly touched by the generosity of many who came tonight. ... God Bless, Tony!

I'm glad to hear the event was a success. If this site can be of any help to Officer Rivera during this difficult time, please email me. Unfortunetly, I didn't see this event until now, or I would have posted something on EMTBravo.com. My apologies.

I'm glad to hear the event was a success. If this site can be of any help to Officer Rivera during this difficult time, please email me. Unfortunetly, I didn't see this event until now, or I would have posted something on EMTBravo.com. My apologies.

Thanks Seth! Support was great tonight and it was a great event to help out him and his family.

To see photos on facebook in a public gallery, click here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2031...mp;l=1242ef5674

Thank you for all your support, once again, Officer Rivera was very grateful to have had the Greenwich Police Department's help, as well as the public's help in this difficult time.

Click the link to see the Greenwich Time New Article regarding tonight's event: http://www.greenwichtime.com/ci_12822479

For more information, or to donate, call the police department's police union, the Silver Shield Association, at 203-869-9519 or e-mail silvershield@gmail.com.

Edited by GPDExplorers

Haven't had a chance to get on here. What a great time for a good cause. I have to say that I have only missed 2-3 10-13's in 9.5yrs. This one for whatever reason is highly ranked up there. I think it was the weather, the food which was out of this world, the entertainment, the sites(wink wink), and the beer. What a great idea to shut down half or a full City St. At most 10-13's, it is 95% LEO's but I saw lots of "COMMON PEOPLE" which was great. Had 3 other wingmen with me and we all agreed what a great time it was. Too bad we only do something like this when somebody is SICK OR DEAD!! Great Job CITY OF GREENWICH and all that helped out!!