Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patch6713

Firefighter latest suspect in arson-plagued Coatesville, PA.

7 posts in this topic

COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) -- Authorities said four arson fires reported Saturday "share a commonality" with other intentionally set blazes that have plagued this area outside Philadelphia, but they wouldn't say if they were connected.

Full Story: Arson Fires

Hopefully they catch whoever is doing this before someone gets hurt (did not read where any injuries have occured)

COATESVILLE — A paid city firefighter, the son of an arson victim, was charged Monday with intentionally setting two houses on fire.

Robert Tracey Jr., 37, of Coatesville, was a volunteer assistant fire chief until earlier this month. He was arrested about 1 p.m. Monday — his birthday — for setting two fires on Friday — one in the 600 block of Madison Street and another in the 100 block of Hope Street.

Tracey is the latest suspect in a string of more than 70 Coatesville-area arsons since early 2008.

http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2009/03...00004968737.txt

From the article "Tracey is the third Chester County firefighter to face arson charges in less than a year."

This is just nuts...... The third one to be arrested in less than a year - From the same county no less.............. The last two didn't learn from the first one getting caught? When I was Chief and when we group interviewed prospective new members, I would talk briefly about Firefighter arson....... I would tell them that I would hope that the thought would never enter anyones mind...... I would also stress that you would be caught and we would be your worst enemies and make sure you were prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law..... I would remind them that it takes years to build up an organization's reputation and seconds to destroy it and we would not take that lightly....... I would sometimes pass around articles about firefighters that were caught to try to drive the point home....... I know it's something nobody wants to talk about but I think if you don't do it when you are interviewing prospective new members, you're making a big mistake..... This incident is a big black eye for the whole fire service.....

Sticking a 2 1/2 straight bore where it doesn't belong would be too good for him!!!! :angry:

Sorry for spouting off, but too many of my friends, some of them co-workers, have come to work worn-out, stressed, or simply had to call out (leaving us short-handed) from fighting 7-alarm fires all night because guys like this a-hole think its funny to burn things!

Sticking a 2 1/2 straight bore where it doesn't belong would be too good for him!!!! :angry:

I'll help you. :angry: