Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest aussiegeorge

the world we live in

3 posts in this topic

g'day all fdny buffs here i am sitting over here in sydney australia listerning to fdny on the bravest.com hearing incidents come in then looking up the adress on google maps going to street view and i can see what the area looks like,amazing the world we live in now.If you want to look at my fire station,station 24 in sydney go to google maps sydney australia and type in 130 sydney rd fairlight and there you have it.in the street view picture the pumper(engine) is in the station but the ladder bay where ladder 24 normally is, is empty so they are either on a run or drill or just checking the surf as the station is on the northern beach's of sydney not far from manly beach.the engine may well just be about to go on a run as the google car went by as you can see 1 firefighter walking around the front of the engine coming from the station watchroom and in another view of the picture taken further up the road you can see 2 more firefighters walking toward the pumper.Its a good station to be assigned to as its in a good area of the city but still gets enough runs to keep you interested about 1700 per year all fire related as we don't do ems calls(well not at the moment but there is talk of taking them on as the ems service is getting busier and busier and there responce times are blowing out).anyway stay safe out there.

google maps - street level 19 Rosemont Blvd White Plains NY. Photo shows one of the pumpers on the ramp.

google-maps 851 Rte 52 Lake Carmel Ny is LCFD station 1 it looks like the ambulance is either pulling out or backing in too. For a while it wasn't even on google it was just pics of it being built and then right across the street is the kent police station and library