Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EJS1810

Camp Pendelton Brush Fire

3 posts in this topic

Date: 10/08/08

Time: Approx 1500

Location: Camp Pendleton Marine Corps ase California, Range 401

Departments: Camp Pendleton FD, Cal Fire, Numerous San Diego County area Fire Departments

Description: Wind driven wildland fire on the base burning 1000 acres by 2200 PDT. Camp Pendleton FD, assisted by Cal Fire and other departments from the area actively fighting this fire as it impinges on the base golf course

OMG! Not the Golf Course! What will the General do?

Edited by EJS1810

Not for nothing but Pendelton has one of the nicest golf courses I've played on. Next would be Quantico and believe it or not 29Palms has a nice one for being sod on top of desert and the fact that I'm banned for life from that course. (long story). If I also remember right some of the base housing either borders or is not that far from the course.

LOL. Not the first time Pendelton has had some pretty big brush/wild land fires. Wonder if someone "forgot" the tracer/incidiary ban.

Not for nothing but Pendelton has one of the nicest golf courses I've played on. Next would be Quantico and believe it or not 29Palms has a nice one for being sod on top of desert and the fact that I'm banned for life from that course. (long story). If I also remember right some of the base housing either borders or is not that far from the course.

LOL. Not the first time Pendelton has had some pretty big brush/wild land fires. Wonder if someone "forgot" the tracer/incidiary ban.

ALS,

Nahh, just the brush around these parts is drier than an armadillo's skin in Texas in July. Any hot piece of shrapnel will light it off right now. 3rd fire of over 400 acres in a month on the base... Basically doing line work this morning, not even using fixed wing assets on the fire.

As for the 29 Palms story, I'd love to here it sometime. I got banned from a base during my time in the Air Force....