Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EJS1810

Turbo Draft Demonstration

8 posts in this topic

I got an e-mail today from DES about a Turbo-Draft demonstration on September 10th. I have seen information about the Turbo-Draft before and am interested in getting more information. I thought there was a discussion on it's pros & cons on Bravo befoe but I did a search and came up with nothing. Is anyone using them and how well do they work?

abybody know where it will take place?

abybody know where it will take place?

TurboDraft Fire Eductor

Demonstration

September 10 from 19:00 to 22:00

Description: Rural fire companies need creative solutions to utilize water sources that are

not accessible using typical drafting techniques. The TurboDraft Fire Eductor allows fire

companies to tap into water supplies like ponds, streams, and swimming pools up to 250 feet

away and can generate flows up to 670 GPM.

Target audience: Chief Officers, Company Officers and Training Officers

Prerequisites: None

Registration: Pre-registration is mandatory. Register through your chief or training officer.

Chief's and training officer's can register their personnel at; www.westchestergov.com/emergserv.

Class size is limited to Thirty (30) students.

Venue: Westchester County DES Training Center, 4 Dana Rd. – Grasslands Campus,

Valhalla, New York. All students are to park in the lot adjacent to the Support Services

Building located at 35 Walker Road. (There is a stairway linking the parking lot directly to

the training campus.) For questions or concerns regarding weather or course cancellation call

(914) 231 – 1615.

I searched this forum and but I can not find what Turbo Draft is.

So, I ask, what is turbo draft?

I searched this forum and but I can not find what Turbo Draft is.

So, I ask, what is turbo draft?

http://www.turbodraft.com/

They work nicely but you have to remember that it cuts your flow in half, Katonah has one we demo ed it when I was chief and we have areas in town that it will work, like bridges with streams under them with greater lifts than 30'.

We also have some ponds that we willl never get a pumper close enough too.

We have never had to use it at an actual call. Hopefully we never will but we have one.

If I remember Correctly they have them in WildWood all thru out the Piers and they said they work very well. Plus there they are all Pre Pied for them.

So it is a solution for water pressed areas, at least half the flow is better than nothing.

Patterson has one, only used it in training. I know they had a problem with it landing intake side down, so it would suck a lot of muck. Problem corrected with a float attached to it.

This is just the latest version of a venturi (large foam eductor). I've been told that we had one in the 1960's for pumping out flooded basements. Members who used it (it was gone when I got on the job) said it always got great looks when you told the home owner with the flooded basement that you were going to pump water via a 2 1/2" line into his basement to get rid of the water.