Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Medevac Collision near Phoenix

6 posts in this topic

From CNN.com

Helicopter Crash

At least seven people died and three were critically injured after a midair crash Sunday between two medical helicopters near an Arizona hospital, authorities said.

At least one person killed in the crash was a patient, according to FAA communications manager Ian Gregor....

The helicopters crashed around 3:45 p.m. in a wooded area near a neighborhood, Flagstaff Police Department Sgt. Tom Boughner said.

No one on the ground was believed to have been injured or killed in the crash, but two rescue workers were injured by a secondary explosion after the crash, Boughner said.

The collision set off a 10-acre brush fire that was contained soon afterward, according to fire officials.

Terrible news, my prayers to everyone affected by this crash.

Thats the second helicopter collision in less than a year

Actually, per CNN this is the 8th. Many agencies looking into Medivac flights and their necessity.

Actually, per CNN this is the 8th. Many agencies looking into Medivac flights and their necessity.

I think he meant the second mid-air collision in Phoenix in less than a year. Two media helicopters collided and crashed while covering a pursuit less than a year ago.

A tragic accident and hopefully a reminder that medevac operations are hazardous and need to be used prudently.

Our thoughts and prayers to the families and colleagues of all those involved!

A tragic accident and hopefully a reminder that medevac operations are hazardous and need to be used prudently.

Time for TCAS for helicopters?

Mike

collision avoidance systems aren't mandatory?? I would have thought medevac would absolutely require that.