Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest emtb23

Cortlandt - PIAA Ambulance/DWI 06-11-08 no more information?

7 posts in this topic

Nothing in the news? What happened?

Nothing in the news? What happened?

I wasn't there but this is what I have been told by people there.

CCVAC was transporting a patient to the hospital from another MVA. They were going SB on Albany Post Road to pick up Route 9. Near the Springvale Road intersection, a female, who apparently has been arrested for DWAI, struck the rig. Luckily, none of the crew members suffered any injuries. The rig took some minor damage.

On a personal level, knowing the crew and all, I hope this a$$hole gets the stiffest penalty possible. Her carelessness could of hurt several people. I HATE DRUNK DRIVERS.

Kudos to the SP for making the arrest of this piece of dung.

GOODBYE!

She just drove the nail into her own coffin. Striking an emergency vehicle (which was not going lights/sirens) during an illegal turn while drunk (and having prior offenses)? I don't think we'll be seeing her again.

GOODBYE!

She just drove the nail into her own coffin. Striking an emergency vehicle (which was not going lights/sirens) during an illegal turn while drunk (and having prior offenses)? I don't think we'll be seeing her again.

If she has no prior DWI convictions, I would be suprised if she gets hammered. She'll get the typical punishment from DMV... Since it's aggravated DWI (BAC .18%), she's looking at a minimum $1,000 dollar fine (2,500 max), up to 1 year in jail (which she won't get if it's her first offense), and a minimum 1 year revocation of her drivers license. If she gets convicted of DWI (BAC .08 to .18), she's looking at a minimum $500 fine ($1,000 max), up to 1 year jail (which she won't get), and a minimum 6 month revocation of her license. She'll also have to pay a $250 dollar Drivers Responsibility Assessment each year for 3 years related to the DWI. If she enrolls in a Drinking Driver Program, she's eligible for a conditional drivers license which will allow her to drive to and from work (or whatever the conditions of the drivers license are).

If someone got seriously injured, then I would say we might not be seeing her for a while.... but a simple traffic accident related to DWI... we'll be seeing her again about a year and a half from now.... if not sooner.

I believe someone said she had priors... she'll lose that license for more than a year. I didn't mean goodbye in the sense that she'll be locked away but more like goodbye to your license, we won't be seeing you on the road.

I believe someone said she had priors... she'll lose that license for more than a year. I didn't mean goodbye in the sense that she'll be locked away but more like goodbye to your license, we won't be seeing you on the road.

You mean won't be seeing her with a license...chances are that she'll be driving either way.

Glad everyone was ok and this wasn't worse in the long run.

On a lighter note...

It's too bad she didn't hit our 55B1 and finally put that thing out of it's misery! All of my fellow CEMS members and Medics that have worked in that heap would agree!