Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest fdnyladder10

FDNY Engine 55 Relocated

8 posts in this topic

FDNY

Anyone know if Engine 55 is due to return to their firehouse,

or are they staying housed with Ladder 20??

Jarrod

As of right now, its only temporary as per the dept order. But if someone gets a bug up their arse and decides that they can co exist with 20 then who the hell knows.

As of right now, its only temporary as per the dept order. But if someone gets a bug up their arse and decides that they can co exist with 20 then who the hell knows.

I feel the same thing will happen here as did with E15, when their house was condemned, and the 'TEMPORARILY' relocated to L17 house, and what a surprise, they are now a permenantly housed at L17, the house now been E15/L17 with the Batt, and their old house an land put out to gain revenue to the city. I would put a lot of moeny on E55 never seeing the inside of their old house again, i feel plans are already in the pipeline to keep 55 with L20 and sell the land/building E55 once occupied. A good sound business investment on both counts, but awfull for the respective engine companies losing their old, historical and traditional houses. However, i might be wrong, but time will tell im sure.

Jarrod

I feel the same thing will happen here as did with E15, when their house was condemned, and the 'TEMPORARILY' relocated to L17 house, and what a surprise, they are now a permenantly housed at L17, the house now been E15/L17 with the Batt, and their old house an land put out to gain revenue to the city. I would put a lot of moeny on E55 never seeing the inside of their old house again, i feel plans are already in the pipeline to keep 55 with L20 and sell the land/building E55 once occupied. A good sound business investment on both counts, but awfull for the respective engine companies losing their old, historical and traditional houses. However, i might be wrong, but time will tell im sure.

Jarrod

Engine 15 is with Ladder 18. Ladder 17 is in the Bronx with Engine 60.

Jarrod

Just been rightly corrected, its E15/L18.

Appologies.

different situations. What you describe has happened all over the place. A couple of times just to move EMS into the formerly inhospitable house. In this case however the house isn't condemned. I don't know if it makes much of a difference in the end, but it is a significant difference.

The city needs no reason to move a company's location. If the job wanted to move 55 Engine in with 20 truck and the division, they would have. I'm sure they'll repair the house and get them back in. How long, well, that's a different story!