Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - Arlington Fire District - Raymond Optical - 1980's

16 posts in this topic

Photo's from my archives of a fire that occurred in the Arlington Fire District on Raymond Ave in the Town of Poughkeepsie near Vassar College in the early to mid 80's..... I don't remember the details..... If you know of any, then feel free to add them here. I think this started as a basement fire but I'm not sure......Thanks....... Bill Johnson/FDPhotoUnit

264396026_ngNdE-XL.jpg

264396317_aJz64-XL.jpg

264396277_Vrb2X-XL.jpg

264396244_hVjkj-XL.jpg

264396481_iyXak-XL.jpg

Edited by Photounit

Here's some more......

264396570_kRfFA-XL.jpg

264396763_3mXhu-XL.jpg

264396860_qaENF-XL.jpg

264396836_QZdMp-XL.jpg

EXCELLENT shots, once again, Bill

Awesome..............beautiful Seagrave engine! Fireball gloves! I love it!

Ooooo Yeah... Love the beautiful old Seagraves. The truck is a twin to my old favorite from Gettysburg. They just don't makem' like that any more. Simple, effective, beautiful....

Great pictures Bill. That block of Raymond hasen't seen Fire like that in a long time. The closest was 2 summers ago at the Chinese restaurant. That row of stores has changed alot. Now it is Delforno's deli on the corner, The $1 store, Griff's (enter in the rear)for all of you from the Poughkeepsie area. LOL, Julies Cafe, and a Laundry mat. I love the 2a cases on the ground and you don't see anyone wearing them. Jim Buell driving Engine 4.

Edited by x134

Now that I think about it, that aerial looks VERY similar to New Fairfield, CTs current T4, prior to the refurb we gave it when we bought it from Newtown Hook and Ladder.

I sent these shots to a friend (an ex-chief from Arlington) and this is what he sent back to me:

"YES, I was on the department and was driving Engine 4. We ended up on the back side of the building. I was working at IBM on 2nd shift. I had just come through there on my way home about a 1/2 hour before and nothing - no smoke, no smell, nothing, so what ever caused this went fast."

Nice Shots!! I am on the job in Arlington and my Father was the Asst. Chief in these shots. I was on the scene but I was around 12...lol. A couple of these shots hang on the wall in AFD HQ, including the one of Jimmy Buell. I'd love to get a copy of the ones I don't have.

Nice Shots!! I am on the job in Arlington and my Father was the Asst. Chief in these shots. I was on the scene but I was around 12...lol. A couple of these shots hang on the wall in AFD HQ, including the one of Jimmy Buell. I'd love to get a copy of the ones I don't have.

That's very funny. I'm a volly in Shelburne, VT where Jim Buell is the captain. I sent him these photos and he said he remembers this fire like it was yesterday. He's on the pump on Engine 4.

Albert who is the Career guy driving the truck?

Looks like Wayne Simon but I am not sure.

Great photos! Thanks for posting Bill

Nope... It's Space with hair!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!