Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Health Fair Idea?

3 posts in this topic

hey, we're having a health fair at the vac in the spring time. just wondering if anyone can throw me some interesting ideas. thanks in advance!

Well, there always the obligatory BP screenings, dont think I've been to a health fair w/o them....but other ideas could be as follows: Have some supplies on hand or donated and help people build first aid kits or home disaster kits, have a trainer/dietician come give a talk about healthy eating/weight loss...contact local chiropracter or athletic training schools and see if they will come donate/demonstrate their students and teachers services, tours of the ambulance, the list could go on, what do you already have, what are you looking for?

Well, there always the obligatory BP screenings, dont think I've been to a health fair w/o them....but other ideas could be as follows: Have some supplies on hand or donated and help people build first aid kits or home disaster kits, have a trainer/dietician come give a talk about healthy eating/weight loss...contact local chiropracter or athletic training schools and see if they will come donate/demonstrate their students and teachers services, tours of the ambulance, the list could go on, what do you already have, what are you looking for?

thanks for the input! some of what you said we have. some ideas we have are as follows: MPPD doing seatbelt/carseat/bike helmet checks. WCPD for the seatbelt deminstration if not WCPD when NYS Troopers. NWPFD and VFD for extrication demos. we're creating some games and races w/ trophies. face painting. a bunch of pamphlets from various health agencies for BP, smoking, Lyme, child saftey. first aid kits to give away. Jr. EMT badge stickers, 911 emergency stickers, the grenn"yuck" face sticker. since out HQ sits on DEP property, maybe something w/ DEP police

these are just preliminary ideas. i'm just looking to see what other people do for their fairs.