Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

In Memory - Judge Daniel J. McCarthy

2 posts in this topic

Anyone who knew Judge McCarthy knew he was very supportive of local law enforcement in the Buchanan/Cortlandt area.

MCCARTHY, DANIEL

February 17, 2008

Daniel J. McCarthy passed away on February 15, 2008. Daniel was born on June 13, 1934 in New York City to Daniel J. and Bridie McCarthy, who emigrated to the United States from County Kerry, Ireland. Dan graduated from Regis High School, Fordham College and St. John's Law School. After graduating from Fordham, he served as an Officer in the United States Navy for four years. After serving in the Navy and graduating from Law School, Dan was a partner in the law firms of Graham, Campaign and McCarthy, and the McCarthy Law Firm, which he formed with his two sons. Dan married Maureen A. O'Brien in 1957, and they moved to the Town of Cortlandt in 1964, where they raised their five children. Mrs. McCarthy died in 2004. Dan proudly served the community as a Judge for 34 years, first serving as Village Justice in Buchanan from 1971 to 1975, and then as Town Justice in the Town of Cortlandt from 1977 to 2007. Dan is survived by his sister, Mary McCarthy, his children, Maureen Cochran, Meg Shanahan, Libby Welsh, Daniel F. McCarthy and Brian McCarthy, and his nineteen wonderful grandchildren. A Wake will be held on Monday, February 18th from 3-8PM at EDWARD F. CARTER FUNERAL HOME, 41 Grand St. Croton-on-Hudson, NY. The Funeral Mass will be held on Tuesday February 19th at 11AM at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. In lieu of flowers, the McCarthy Family requests that donations be made to the New York State Troopers' PBA "Signal 30 Fund" at www.nystpba.org or State roopers PBA 120 State St. Albany, NY 12207.

While I never knew the gentleman, I know he wil be sorely missed. My condolences to his family and friends as well as the residents of the Village of Buchanan ant the Town of Cortlandt. He is in a better place. May he rest in Peace and may God's Eternal Light Shine upon him.