Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NJMFPA Photo Night 2008 (New Location)

6 posts in this topic

I look foward to this event, haven't been in a while though. Hopefully, this year the turnout is good and the weather holds out. New location should be interesting as well.

The 23rd annual New Jersey Metro Fire Photographers Association

Photo Night "2008" will be held on

Saturday, May 3rd, 2008

at a NEW LOCATION

Passaic County Vo-Tech High School,

45 Reinhardt Road, Wayne NJ

3PM to 10PM

New Shows! Narratives, Slide and Digital Compilations, Video segments and more. Over twenty years of members photographs will be on display. Refreshments are available, and there will be a mini-flea market with vendors selling patches, tee shirts, collectibles and more.

Agenda

3PM to 4PM Apparatus Photo Shoot

3PM to 8PM Vendors area open

6PM Main shows begin

7:15PM Presentation of NJMFPA Valor Award and Unit Citations

9:45PM Raffle prize drawings

1st Prize: Digital Video/Photo Handycam kit

2nd Prize: Automobile GPS unit

3rd Prize: Portable Radio Scanner

10PM Shows end

http://www.njfirephotos.com/test/photonight.htm

I'm scratching my head as to the new location. Anybody got the dirt on why?

I just hope that it does not discourage the many Bergen County new deliveries from making the trip.

Ridgefield Park could not accomodate the club this year due to conflicts in scheduling.

I sure wish we had something like that out here...I'll be starting to hit the road hard soon. We're getting rain about every 3 days right now, so it's hard to plan photo days right now.

If you have never been to the show, it's well worth it. No only is there an apparatus shoot, but there is also a flea market and some really great shows by some incredible photographers [including myself]. This year we are making it a BUFF WEEKEND. The Photo Night will be Saturday with our annual FDNY Bus Trip to NYC on Sunday. Trying to get out of towners to come out for a great buff weekend ! If ya don't feel like going on the FDNY bus trip, you can always come up to the Rockland County Fire Museum for our 7th annual expo. Many antique & frontline apparatus will be on display from the NY/NJ/CT area, as well as live demos for the burn building, extrication, hazmat, technical rescue team, etc. Photos from last years Expo can be viewed on my website:

http://www.brianduddy.com/g/expo2007