Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Millbrook FD Apparatus And Ocala, FL

20 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but I just noticed this the other day.

Millbrook FD, in Dutchess County, seems to have a few E-One's in their fleet.

Millbrook is HUGE thoroughbred horse country, and many of those horses (and Millbrook residents) go to Ocala, FL for the winter.

E-One firetrucks are built in Ocala, FL.

Stupid, I know, just an interesting connection I noticed I felt like sharing.

I don't believe there is a connection as to why they purchased E-One's but i will say that visiting E-One on many inspection trips for customers i meet alot of people from the Millbrook area in restaurants, hotels etc...

Seth - I told you a few times and I'll say it again - YOU HAVE TO SHOOT MILLBROOK'S RESCUE!

It is among the nicest I have ever seen and DAMN shame it wasnt there while I was!

I beileve 49-11,13, and 55 are E-Ones...

11 and 13 are commercial cabs and 11 is VERY CLEAN....

The whole fleet is E-one except for the ambulances for the rescue squad

The whole fleet is E-one except for the ambulances for the rescue squad

I am not sure 31 is an E-One and I am positive 63 is not an E1, unsure about 63.

DON'T YOU MEAN MOOOBROOK!!!!!!!!!

DON'T YOU MEAN MOOOBROOK!!!!!!!!!

Better be careful - isn't someone we know's father-in-law a past Deputy Chief there? ;) I have the pics.... :P

Better be careful - isn't someone we know's father-in-law a past Deputy Chief there? ;) I have the pics.... :P

YOU DON'T MEAN CHIEF CASSINELLI DO YOU?

Edited by x134

YOU DON'T MEAN CHIEF CASSINELLI DO YOU?

NO....dipsh <_< .....DC Ialongo......of the old regime!

63 is a Ford, and MooBrook is correct.

63 is a Ford, and MooBrook is correct.

Yes it is - but was it built by E-One?

I say no. Bobby Who ya out there? ;)

Very tired... my fault.

Very tired... my fault.

Ok this time, but be MOOOOOOOOOORE careful next time!!!!!

Sorry, just had to do that!!! :lol:

This could go on till the cows come home. Now it's just a Moooo point....

Edited by x134

x134

View Member Profile

Member No.: 4,288

Age Range: 35-44

I just happened to SPOT this. You are milking this for all you can, huh?

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Yes it is - but was it built by E-One?

I say no. Bobby Who ya out there? ;)

I Believe 63 is a Ford chassis with a reading or stahl body, skid unit and plumbing was done @ Nichols in Hyde Park, 31 is a GMC chassis and i believe it's a Ranger body...

My family (in law) owns a 500 acre thoroughbred farm in Ocala about 5 miles from the plant. I’m up there all the time.

If anyone as E-One apparatus in production and you’d like me to try and get shots of it, let me know…. Can’t guarantee that it’ll happen, but I’m up there at least once each month so I should be able to work it out.

My family (in law) owns a 500 acre thoroughbred farm in Ocala about 5 miles from the plant. I’m up there all the time.

If anyone as E-One apparatus in production and you’d like me to try and get shots of it, let me know…. Can’t guarantee that it’ll happen, but I’m up there at least once each month so I should be able to work it out.

if they have a turkey and hog problem....let me know....I can help them out ;)

if they have a turkey and hog problem....let me know....I can help them out ;)

Hogs (Boars) are rare on the farm although Steinbrenners farm and the Campell (Soup) farm have had them from time to time and they're right across the street.

Turkeys... They're everywhere..... BUT gun blasts tend to scare horses so having a $100,000-$1,000,000 horse run into a fence and break it's leg because I wanted a fresh turkey lettuce bacon and tomato sandwich isn't in the cards.

The problem that we/they do have is a handfull of Coyotes or Wolves.... (I forget the difference).... So we all carry scoped rifles in our trucks when we're up there. Haven't been able to get a shot off yet though.

Back to E-One..... We constantly talk about poor business management by fire apparatus manufacturers like ALF and E-One. It really surprises me, that Pierce and Sutphen are the apparatus of choice down here. Orange County Fire Rescue has a bunch of E-One's but far and away Pierce Quantums and Sutphen's rule the roost down here. One would think that E-One would do everything it could to be the premier providor down here. Everyone complains about their quality, but to be honest everyone's got problems. Seagrave has had it's share of complaints lately, Sutphen tends to be percieved as garbage (even though I've never seen anything more than a fit and finish issue.... never had a ladder failure)... Pierce is really the only manufacturer that seems to be looked at as "perfect".

It's also funny how regional preferences go. I've only seen one Seagrave in the whole state since I've been in Florida (City of Palm Bay). If you go to Seagrave's webpage and look at recently delivered as well as the blueprints of in production.... There is nothing in Florida.... I never see KME's, HME's, ALF's, or Sparten chassised rigs either.