Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rfdu39

Winter Weather Forcasted for Sunday

9 posts in this topic

On Sunday the forcast calls for snow to sleet to freezing rain to rain. So basically it will be a big mess.

What will hit you guys back east is here right now in Southern California. Weather Channel is saying 3/4" of rain so far in the San Diego area, at my parents house 16 miles east of downtown SD we've had 1.5". Flash flood watches/warnings are announced in all burn areas. Supposedly this will head east early tomorrow morning (Saturday). I feel sorry for you guys when this hits the cold air back there.

No you don't. You're not the one that has to shovel it, or scrape ice off the car. Who are you trying to kid??? :P

Push it???? Scrape what off the what????? I'm just gonna hibernate Sunday I'll see ya Monday!!! :angry:

Oh well one good thing for RescueKujo, the wildfires are called on account of rain. :rolleyes:

Ah, it takes a lot longer than 24 hours to get precipitation from the Left side to the Right side. Still, thanks for the well wishes!

No you don't. You're not the one that has to shovel it, or scrape ice off the car. Who are you trying to kid??? :P

Gee Jimmy, bust my stones back to limestone why don't ya?? ;);) Even though I was born and raised in SoCal I have shoveled snow and even been snowed in once (remember the winter of 1982? Tech school in the DC area). I know how it feels and was truly feeling sorry for ya. :blink:

And I will be sitting in dispatch watching it all come down....

Storm Watch

A significant winter storm

5:53 p.m. ET 12/1/07

James Wilson, Sr. Meteorologist, The Weather Channel

A strengthening storm system heads east-and-northeastward into the central Midwest overnight then into western New York Sunday and finally redeveloping off the Northeast Coast Sunday night into Monday.

The storm has brought widespread ice and snow to the Midwest on Saturday. Reports of 1/4 to 1/2 inch of freezing rain brought an icy mess from eastern Nebraska to Iowa to northern Illinois and on into Indiana and southern Michigan. Numerous road accidents and reports of local power outages were widespread. The ice will continue in northern Illinois to southern Michigan overnight with extreme caution for travel needed.

Meanwhile on the northern side of the storm it was snow and plenty of it from the northern Plains to northern Michigan. Some of the heaviest snow of the year continues to fly with accumulations from 1 to 12 inches by early Sunday.

Also adding to the wintry mess, winds will be on the increase across all of the Plains and Midwest, with speeds of 20 to 30 mph locally gusting to 45 mph. This will especially be of concern in areas that receive ice accumulations, as widespread power outages will be possible.

The storm system will then track into the Northeastern States for Sunday and Sunday night.

Snow, changing to sleet and freezing rain, will spread over the northern Mid-Atlantic, along the Interstate 76 and 80 corridors, including Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia and New York City Sunday. North-central and northeast Pennsylvania plus northern New Jersey will stay below freezing while southern Pennsylvania and the Northeast Corridor from Philadelphia and New York will moderate above freezing changing the wintry mess over to rain by evening.

For Upstate New York and southern New England, including Albany, Syracuse Harford, Providence and Boston, snow and then a wintry mix will spread eastward Sunday and Sunday night. Snow and ice accumulations will be possible.

A second punch will come with this storm system Monday, as low pressure reorganizes off the New England Coast, pulling colder air back south across the region.

Heavy snow will likely develop through interior and northern New England, with over a foot possible. Lake effect snow will also increase in the lake effect snow belts with additional inches possible there.

Gusty winds will also impact much of the Northeastern States on Monday into early Tuesday.

Another major storm will develop off the Northwest coast on Sunday with a huge powerful low pressure area spinning in from the Gulf of Alaska. The increasing pressure gradient and fetch of moisture from the Pacific will gather and invade on Sunday into Tuesday.

The gradient will offer strong gusty winds in the range from 50 to 100 mph with the headlands seeing gusts from 80 to 100 mph and the cities seeing the 50 to 60 mph gusts. Be ready for local power outages and watch for high surf and wave action.

Heavy rain is expected to move in and hang around into Tuesday with waves of disturbances bringing locally 3 to 6 inches of rain. Locally there will be 4 to 8 inches of rain in the Olympic Penisula by Tuesday Night. Watch for rapid river rises and localized flash flooding.

Snow will fly tonight and again on Sunday at very low elevation with some slippery travel around the hills of Seattle. Then the major storm crashes in with snow in the 2 to 4 feet range in the Cascades and eventually 1 to 2 feet interior mountains of Oregon to Idaho to southwest Montana. Snow levels will rise significantly on Sunday into Monday. Use care traveling in the mountain passes Sunday into Tuesday.

Dec 2

Snow showers early, with a steadier snow developing late in the day. Some sleet may mix in. High near 30F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.

Freezing rain early...changing to rain overnight. Low 29F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.

Dec 3

Windy, rain mixing with and changing to snow. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

Damn!!!! Looks like I'm gonna have to hibernate till Tuesday!!!!! :(:(