Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Dobbs Ferry EMS Fire Rehab Unit

9 posts in this topic

Well, it looks like Dobbs Ferry VAC has taken their old ambulance, and converted it into a "Fire Rehab" unit. I never even knew it existed, I thought they traded in or sold their old Ford/Lifeline.

Can anyone here fill us in on how it's staffed and equipped? And any protocol? Also, what is the unit identifier?? Is it still capable of transporting, giving Dobbs Ferry a third ambulance?

Definetly a cool concept.

Oh yes, funny note...it is apparently being kept in the parking lot of Edwards Funeral Home.

post-11-1194473561.jpg

Good luck with the unit. Hopefully this unit will be put to good use and actually used for ff rehab. Others out there apparently don't take this issue so seriously and instead prefer to sit on their rear while the ff's rehab themselves after exiting the structure. Medical monitoring, filled water jugs, etc are all necessary for effective rehab and I'm sure you guys are very capable of handling it. Thanks for looking out for the firefighters.

Nice to see another unit out there dedicated to rehab in addition to Cortlandt VAC's nice unit. Just remember that coordination and communication with the other agencies you will work with is the key along with WRITTEN policies and SOP's for yourself and the other agencies. Remember its not just for the fire service and it is only as good as the other leadership buys into it and enforces it. Best of luck with the unit and the program.

I deliver a rehab presentation, if you need any assistance or interested you can PM me.

Pleasntville VAC is also in the process of working on a Fire Rehab unit. We will be using our older Braun ambulance.

Good Luck Dobbs Ferry!!

Good Luck with the rehab Unit and I have to say ALSFirefighter Rehab class is very intresting and bring out a lot of special points that we all tend to over look and new idea. Tommy has help myself and the other members of Cortlandt VAC what Rehab is all about and the right tools and equipment need to get the job done.

GOOD LUCK!!!

THINK REHAB!!!

Didn't know they did this already. Last i knew it was still in the talking stages. Well it will be kept by DFVAC and brought to fires when needed by them.

It is a joint venture between the DFFD and the DFVAC. It is not intended to be for patient transport, at least at this point (the DFVAC only owns two stretchers). I also do not think it is certified (no stretcher) but it might be listed as a first response vehicle. The unit number that was assigned to it, 56-B2, has been reissued to the new ambulance, so I do not think it currently has a unit number.

jeez this is real new news to me. Wake up George!