Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone Else Have Family In California?

7 posts in this topic

got a phone call last night from my cousin and his family. They just lost their house and everything in it.

My uncle lives in San Diego in Pacific Beach. He is fine and the fires are not expected to reach there.

My Uncle lives in San Diego. He was evacuated. His house was saved but many in his area were lost.

Edited by car11

My parents live in Vista, CA (North SD County)

My Sister lives in Vista.

My Aunt and cousin live in La Mesa (central SD county I think)

My other cousin lives in Chula Vista.

The Chula Vista cousin was evacuated - unknown outcome of the home

Everyone else was packed and very ready to go but were never given the order to leave.

The soot/ash is about 2-3" deep in Vista though.

Good luck to all!!!

My parents live in Vista, CA (North SD County)

My Sister lives in Vista.

My Aunt and cousin live in La Mesa (central SD county I think)

My other cousin lives in Chula Vista.

The Chula Vista cousin was evacuated - unknown outcome of the home

Everyone else was packed and very ready to go but were never given the order to leave.

The soot/ash is about 2-3" deep in Vista though.

Good luck to all!!!

La Mesa borders the eastern edge of San Diego along Interstate 8 in the county. It is my understanding that while the Harris Fire burned to the eastern edge of the Eastlake section of Chula Vista, no homes were lost in that city.

For those whose families were affected by this disaster, prayers go out that all are safe and well.

Edited by RescueKujo

got a phone call last night from my cousin and his family. They just lost their house and everything in it.

I am very sorry to hear that. I have family in Simi Valley which is in Ventura County. They have not seen the fires but the city is covered in ash and the air quality was poor when I spoke to my aunt on Wednesday night. I was visiting out there in August and there were fires burning in the mountains near Santa Barbera.

My heart goes out to everyone who has family out in Cali. It is a very terrible situation. Houses and property can be replaced, but lives cannot. Thank God all of your family members are still with you.

I hope that FEMA steps in and helps everyone out who lost everything.