Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

Toilet Fire - Chelsea (Dutchess) NY - 10-3-07

13 posts in this topic

http://poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.d...NEWS01/71003038

CASTLE POINT – A flaming portable toilet at the Veterans Affairs hospital grounds was extinguished in about 15 minutes by firefighters from the Castle Point Fire Department and from the Chelsea Fire Department this evening.

Town of Fishkill Police are still on the scene investigating.

15 minutes??? I hope they are referring to the time from reporting, or dispatching, til the time it was out. Lol!

Edited by xfirefighter484x

http://poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.d...NEWS01/71003038

15 minutes??? I hope they are referring to the time from reporting, or dispatching, til the time it was out. Lol!

Hey x, could that have been a delayed reaction from Saturday?? After all, this sounds like somebody took a real HOT ONE!!!!!

all i got to say is pack up it is going to be a good one.

It only took one minute to extinguish but fourteen minutes to figure out who the junior guy was to take the hoseline in!!!!

the PoJo news people can never get anything right. the fire wasnt at the VA. it was down on castle point rd near 9d at the old camp that the town is renovating. 91-11 (CPFD) were there within 2 minutes of dispatch and dumped 2 water cans on it to extinguish the inferno lol.

its a shame that departments in the area dont utilize CP more. they are fully manned 24/7. All are trained firefighter/emt's as well as hazmat tech and confined space rescue tech's with all the equipment and apparatus to suit. some of them have been through career probie school and are required to be FF2 or better. they would make a great RIT team for the area. They have a fully equiped hazmat truck, 2 front line engines and 2 BLS ambulances (amb. have to stay on VA grounds). its just my 2 cents but if i were a chief officer with a career department sitting in my back yard, id sure as heck use them!

Ha Ha Ha ROFL bla Bela Bela

The Poughkeepsie Urinal finally writes a story about a call in my district and would have to be the crappiest story of the year.

As Fireman 3484 said it was not on the VA grounds but it was 1/2 mile from their fire station at Camp Foster. This is the second day in a row some kids were trying to burn something, yesterday a house (homeowner chased them away yesterday before they could do damage)

FYI - Castle point is on first alarm for fires in our district, so the response tonight was normal. Besides who is gonna rush to put a porta john fire out? It's not going anywhere! 15 minutes is exaggerated more like 5.

Also We have a wet down / open house at our new station behind the stadium plaza on Rt 9D & Brockway Rd on Saturday Oct 6, 1pm - 6pm

Any Pictures?

Any Pictures?

no, just imagine half of a plastic outhouse melted and a puddle of blue water & poo

did anyone thing to just piss on it? now that woulda been a job well done!! :lol:

It only took one minute to extinguish but fourteen minutes to figure out who the junior guy was to take the hoseline in!!!!

So, you are calling the Firefighters at Castle Point Juniors ????????

Those port-a-johns are becoming hot (excuse the pun) targets. In San Diego a couple of months ago they had a group of 20-25 get torched, and some kids have lit 3 at a little league field, just burning as they replace them.

Any Pictures?

toilet.jpg

Not the real deal. ;)

Edited by SPFC56-233