Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Former NYC*EMS Headquarters

7 posts in this topic

I'm curious....what ever happened to the old (PRE 1996

ERGER) NYC*EMS headquarters in Maspeth, Queens?

Have never even been to Maspeth, so have no idea about what this facilty was.

I think HHS uses the building now, It was not that big of a place to begin with. Basicly just housed human resources.

Who and where did their fleet stuff then? Also thought it housed their dispatch center?

Its still there in Maspeth. It housed the big bosses, communications, supply, and they had a maintenance garage in the back. In the old parking lot FDNY stores several vehicles. Not sure who is inside the building.

EMS Communications moved a few years ago to Metrotech. I'm not sure if anyone from EMS aside from the shops is still over in Maspeth.

Maspeth is still up and running. However alot of stuff has been moved to other location.

EMS operations is loacted on the 7th Floor of Metrotech.

EMS Communications is at 11? Metrotech

EMS Medical Control Moved out can't remember the location

Main thing there now is the Small Vehicle Shops. Ambulances and SUV's.

There has been a lot of talk over the recent years to demo the building and build a new one. Main thing it would be used for would still be a shops but more modern and larger.

If anyone has ever been there, you would notice that there are a lot of problems with the foundation. The buidling is on a swamp or something and there are a lot of cracks and other problems.

As tbendick mentioned, it's the small vehicles shops. My investigation has revealed the building has seen better days. It's in a very industrial part of Maspeth.

Not only does it contain the light veshops, but two secured storage yards. One across the street holds new deliveries, mostly ambulances. The other yard, which is ajacent to the facilty and has a for sale sign for the property, contains all types of FDNY vehicles. For example, ambulances and fire apparatus they are disposing of, FDNY excavation equipment, special services units, and various other trucks and vehicles that make up the "hidden" fleet.

FDNY definetly needs and deserves a new, modern, and central fleet compound, like the LA City shops. I'm sure the city could find the property.