Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

Yonkers FD Engine # 300 ?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all

Just wanted to ask is Y.F.D. E-300 going to be used as a hose wagon for 5" hose or will it go as a normal engine co. Also what house is it stored at.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by CPAGE

E-300 is a spare for the LDH carring companies (E-307,309,312) This way when one of those rigs goes OOS, they still retain the LDH capability. It's stored @ 12.

LDH E300 is a Smeal and was the former E307, prior to them receiving their new ALF recently.

Eng-300????????? Iguess I should get my head out of the sand.

R1 thanks for the info and be safe.

Thanks

Chris

Could have just read my signature!...Avatar is a picture of the apparatus once it returned with its new paint job, parked behind E312 (ALF) in Station 12.

Guys, how many of your Engine Cos. carry 5" hoseline? I could never understand why a Dept. who operates with an Inline Stretch never switched over to 5" LDH yrs. ago especially with the water supply problems you have in some areas of the City. What's Up With That?

Currently out of the 11 Engine Co.s (that's including Squad 11) only 4 companies (307, 309, 312 & SQ11) carry LDH. All other Engine Co.s carry 3 1/2 and will stretch dual lines when grabbing a hydrant. One line is gated and the other is not.

As to why not all engine co.s carry LDH, the person that can answer your question accurately, would be Deputy Chief B. Fitzpatrick (member name: billfitz).

Hopefully he will see this topic and respond to the last part of your question.

Edited by BFarr156

Could you imagine an agressive fire dept that only has selected units with LDH?? Especially with the high rate of vandalism of hydrants and large areas with little or no hydrant coverage (think staten island, far rockaways). I can't explain it I can only work with it.