Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

LaGrange (Dutchess) - Sinkhole - 5-1-07

17 posts in this topic

I hope that Jeep is "Trail-rated"

Better yet is it subterranean rated?

that's at least a unique way to ruin your day.

Damn, that really sucks.

Does insurance cover that? haha

Does insurance cover that? haha

Wouldn't that fall under an Act of God?

I am not sure of the full situation, possibly could have been caused by an underground drainage pipe that had leaked, or some other situation, in which case that landowner or DPW/DOT would assume responsibility?

I could not get close enough to see exactly what was under it, or what may have caused it.

Wouldn't that fall under an Act of God?

I am not sure of the full situation, possibly could have been caused by an underground drainage pipe that had leaked, or some other situation, in which case that landowner or DPW/DOT would assume responsibility?

I could not get close enough to see exactly what was under it, or what may have caused it.

As an aside, this is an example of why it's so important to properly open and close hydrants. If water is consistantly flowing through the drain because the hydrant wasn't properly operated this is the result that you can expect at a minimum.

Hope I didn't just kill the thread.

Edited by mfc2257

Nose in Parking only !

post-23-1178134554.gif

Edited by TR54

I was explaining to someone in that area about what I read. Can you tell me where that shopping center/parking lot was in LaGrangeville? I don't know that it was in their local newspaper or not.

Thanks!

Bummer!!!

Thats really got to suck!!!!

ohmy.gif

better get maaco

Edited by spike2231

I would have someone come with a video camera got in the jeep to try to drive out and send it to Jeep to show that it can't be used in all terrain rolleyes.gifunsure.gifcool.gifblink.gif

I was explaining to someone in that area about what I read.  Can you tell me where that shopping center/parking lot was in LaGrangeville?  I don't know that it was in their local newspaper or not.

Thanks!

This was the Cellular One building parking lot, as well as a Paragon Aquatics office in the same building.

This was on the Northern side of Route 55, East of the TSP, between the TSP and Route 82 (maybe 500' east of Velie Road).

Hopefully this link will bring you to a view from Google Maps of the location of the incident.

Sinkhole Location

I am not sure if it definitely works only for me because of local cached info, but should it not work for you, you can go to Google Maps yourself and enter the address as is seen below:

1351 RT-55, Lagrangeville, New York 12540

Edited by xfirefighter484x

This was the Cellular One building parking lot, as well as a Paragon Aquatics office in the same building.

This was on the Northern side of Route 55, East of the TSP, between the TSP and Route 82 (maybe 500' east of Velie Road).

Hopefully this link will bring you to a view from Google Maps of the location of the incident.

Sinkhole Location

I am not sure if it definitely works only for me because of local cached info, but should it not work for you, you can go to Google Maps yourself and enter the address as is seen below:

1351 RT-55, Lagrangeville, New York 12540