Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Rombout (Dutchess) 1/19/07

14 posts in this topic

Friday, January 19, 2007

Fatal fire in Fishkill

Multiple fire, police and rescue agencies are at the scene of a reportedly fatal house

fire on a street off from Route 82 in the Town of Fishkill.

Reportedly, at least five people were killed in the early morning fire. Fire police have closed Route 82 at Cherry Lane.

Edited by Remember585

Very tragic. Didn't a similar situation happen a few months ago in Dutchess (maybe fishkill?)?

I hope it's not true, but Channel 4 reported at 8AM this morning that up to 7 people were killed in this fire. Thoughts and prayers to those involved.

I really hope this fire wasn't due to overcrowding.

Also, this brings to the light our job can present tough situations anywhere, anyplace, anytime. I'm sure a great job by all invloved in a situation where it was already too late upon arrival.

Very tragic. Didn't a similar situation happen a few months ago in Dutchess (maybe fishkill?)?

Both incidents were in the Town of Fishkill, This one in the Rombout Fire District, the one a few months ago was in the Glemham Fire District(Slater Chemical Fire Co.).

Journal News

5 die in Fishkill house fire

(Original publication: January 19, 2007)

FISHKILL, N.Y. (AP) - Five people were killed in an overnight house fire, state police said today.

Two adults and three children died in the blaze in the Dutchess County town of Fishkill shortly after 3 a.m., according to state police.

No other information was immediately available about the victims or the cause of the fire.

Fire, police and rescue agencies were still at the scene this morning.

Police: "Multiple homicides" at site of Fishkill fire January 19, 2007

LOMALA - State police are investigating "multiple victims of a homicide'' at the scene of an early morning house fire on Route 82 in the Town of Fishkill.

Maj. William Carey of the state police Troop K said they are not releasing the names of the victims, pending notification of the family, and he did not say how many victims there are.

Early reports had five victims - two adults and three children.

The fire at 203 Route 82 was reported at 3:12 a.m. by a passerby on Route 82, Carey said. Multiple fire and rescue agencies responded to the scene.

Carey would not say if the police have identified a suspect.

"We're just starting the investigation at this point,'' he said.

Police also are investigating a car fire that may be related to the house fire.

"There was a subsequent report about 20 minutes later of a car fire not far from here that appeared to be related,'' he said this morning at a press conference about 150 feet from the fire scene.

All of the windows are smashed out and the inside is completely charred at the white two-story cement house with gray shingles. In the rear of the house, which is set back about 50 feet from Route 82, the roof was partially collapsed.

Fishkill and East Fishkill police are assisting state police at the scene.

As the plot thickens. I heard someone saying this in a deli a littl while ago.. It is very sad.........

Bill Johnson is a member of the New Hackensack FD, and an avid photographer. Listed below is the link on his site with photos from this tragic fire.

http://fdphotounit.smugmug.com/gallery/2369160/1/124085514

The Incident Alert

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=15942

Edited by xfirefighter484x

this case is suppose to be lead story on Anderson Cooper 360 tonight @ 10:00pm on CNN...

xfirefighter484x.... Thanks for posting the link to my photo's..... I added another 60 or so images to what I had posted and for some reason, the original link doesn't show any photo's now.... Here's a new working link with almost all of the photo's I took excluding a few that I won't show and others that are just plain crap....

http://fdphotounit.smugmug.com/gallery/2369160#124749016

I have other photo's on my site www.FDPhotounit.com if you're interested... Bill

xfirefighter484x.... Thanks for posting the link to my photo's..... I added another 60 or so images to what I had posted and for some reason, the original link doesn't show any photo's now.... Here's a new working link with almost all of the photo's I took excluding a few that I won't show and others that are just plain crap....

http://fdphotounit.smugmug.com/gallery/2369160#124749016

I have other photo's on my site www.FDPhotounit.com if you're interested... Bill

No problem Bill! You never fail to come through with some amazing shots. It is just a shame the tragedy behind these ones.