Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

My Yeungling Run.......

12 posts in this topic

Well as many of us do like a good beer, kick back relax and watch a good show or entertain friends, I again made my monthly Yeungling run to NY a couple of days ago since we here in CT cannot get the fine combination of water, malt, barley and hops in this state (DAMN DISTRIBUTING RIGHTS!!)

This time I decided to hit the Mt. Kisco Stop & Shop for my ride. Now I usually hit that little store on 202 just over the Danbury line in on the way to Brewster, and few little stores in Port Chester, Rye, Rye Brook and Somers to name a few. But the run is getting old.

I also know that there area a lot of you "Westies" that like Long Trail from Vermont, which we have here and some places in NY cannot (Damn distributing rights again!!)

So how about a relay and trade off????? Any takers?

And of course, I didn't bring my camera and I could have gotten a couple good photo hunt pics but that's my loss, again! smile.gif

Edited by IzzyEng4

I feel your pain... Lived in Boston for 4 years and (once I was old enough) always went to Costco in PCNY when I was home on breaks so I could bring Yuengling back to Mass... As if there wasn't enough choice in frosty beverages in Beantown!

Be happy you can get Yuengling in NY. About 10-15 years ago you couldn't. I was making runs to Pennsylvania for it back then.

Personal Yuengling favorite: Black & Tan

Edited by TRUCK6018

Be happy you can get Yuengling in NY.  About 10-15 years ago you couldn't.  I was making runs to Pennsylvania for it back then.

Personal Yuengling favorite:  Black & Tan

And that is what I was doing 10 years ago too!!!! The extent we must go! biggrin.gif

Pottsville, PA. is 1 1/2 hours from me. wink.gif

Ahhhh... My days of college in PA where I could get a Lager (almost no one calls it by the brand name Yuengling) on draught (draft... whatever) for a dollar....

That wasn't too long ago either.... 1996-2000.

The only PIA with Yuengling is their stupid keg design with no handles and a different tap.

I used to bring about 10 cases home at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and again before the beginning of the summer. Never lasted more than a few nights with my friends.

You can get it on draught here in Winter Park (Orlando) at Mellow Mushroom. Not for a dollar though mad.gif

You can get it on draught here in Winter Park (Orlando) at Mellow Mushroom.  Not for a dollar though  mad.gif

Ooooh, my gf is down in that area this week. Just took a boat tour of Winter Park about 3 hours ago. Wish I had known about that, I woulda told her to have one for me laugh.giflaugh.gif

didnt Mike Rowe visit the Long Trail factory?

Its kinda funny that you can't get it in CT, two states over from where its brewed, yet I have seen it for sale in Alabama....

Its kinda funny that you can't get it in CT, two states over from where its brewed, yet I have seen it for sale in Alabama....

I know for a fact that they sell it in NW Florida... might be worth the trip. Pensacola is quite a hell hole but Florabama is a fun bar from late March on. If you decide to make the trip, there is a liquor store out on perdido key that carries it.

Available in most stores in the Carolinas

I was introduced to Yuengling while going to Penn State from 96 to 2000. Great Beer loved it. When I graduated and got back home I was having a hard time finding it in NY in 2000 - 2001. Almost no restaurants or bars carried it or even heard of it. I still run in that problem to this day here in NY, the lower hudson valley. About 2 years ago I started seeing more and more Yuengling delivery trucks around and it is much easier to come by now. Hopefully it is making it's way East and our boys in New England will be getting this wonderful draft very soon!!

Stay Safe

Edited by PC415