Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

FDNY New Ladder 52- Nice Butt!

16 posts in this topic

Today, I had the chance to shoot FDNY's Ladder 52, a 2006 Seagrave 100' which covers the Riverdale section of the Bronx (or Manhattan, depending on who you ask)

I really like the newly redesigned rear end, the stairs seem a lot easier to climb, and the waning package a lot nicer.

[attachmentid=1684]

[attachmentid=1685]

[attachmentid=1686]

And I also got to shoot FDNY Engine 3, which was sitting at the Engine manufacturers repair facility in NJ.

[attachmentid=1687]

post-11-1165439220.jpg

post-2-1165439278.jpg

post-2-1165439289.jpg

post-2-1165439334.jpg

Nice Shots!! The back is sorta more rounded out and the ladder looks a little wider. Like the new design.

Also, while on the topic of 52's- Engine 52, which is in the same house as Ladder 52, has been operating this spare piece for at least a couple of months now.

According to FDNYTrucks.com, they have a 2003 Seagrave...anyone know where thats been?

[attachmentid=1690]

post-11-1165441870.jpg

Edited by x635

I barely know anything about FDNY rigs, BUT that spare 52 looks like it may have been an E88?

John, i had thought the same about the spare 52 engine. However, i believe that E88 just has stars on the rig, i do not remember it having the red and white stripes on the side of the rig, but i could be wrong.

Seth, nice shots as usual bro! I definately like the new stairs on 52-Truck!

Not 88E, Ex-286...............

I told y'all I didn't know much about the FDNY!!!

Anybody know anything about the warning lights on E-3? They're not the Code 3 lights that FDNY used on the rigs before they went to LEDs. I've seen a few SOC units with these kinds of lights but never any of the Engines or Trucks.

Whelen Centurion lightbar

Another shot...

[attachmentid=1696]

post-11-1165449314.jpg

Anybody know what that control panel is on the rear? Its located towards the bottom of the truck, centered between the turn signals.

Anybody know what that control panel is on the rear? Its located towards the bottom of the truck, centered between the turn signals.

It shows the proper working range of the hydraulic fluid, and when the filter needs to be changed. The steps were changed in the rear to allow for the 45 degree angled corner's like the fornt bumper's to improve the rig's turning. I haven't heard if they are easier to climb or not. The present rig's are coming in wiht Whelen led lights on them, but that will be changed shortly to Federal. They are also being delivered with electronic federal q siren's on them as well.

It shows the proper working range of the hydraulic fluid, and when the filter needs to be changed.  The steps were changed in the rear to allow for the 45 degree angled corner's like the fornt bumper's to improve the rig's turning.  I haven't heard if they are easier to climb or not.  The present rig's are coming in wiht Whelen led lights on them, but that will be changed shortly to Federal.  They are also being delivered with electronic federal q siren's on them as well.

really? my prayers to the fire gods have been answered!!

Anybody know anything about the warning lights on E-3? They're not the Code 3 lights that FDNY used on the rigs before they went to LEDs. I've seen a few SOC units with these kinds of lights but never any of the Engines or Trucks.

There's a couple of rigs out there with those light bars. 3 Engine and 114 Truck come to mind. I believe they were replacements for the original Code 3 lights that were damaged at the Trade Center.

It's also nice to see the tradition of companies using tape to number the spares. Used to see it in chalk and once I saw the company number in Roman numerals.

CCCVIII

I like the Roman Numerals.

Engine CLXXXI Responding

Would that count as plain English? haha

Another shot of Ladder 52, from the front angle.

[attachmentid=1702]

post-11-1165501632.jpg