Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

LODD-Con Ed-6/27/04

6 posts in this topic

Just a note to pass on that Chris Oconnor of Buchanan passed away this AM. Chris died from the injurys he recived in the mishap in yonkers this past week with the manhole explosion.Chris is a member of the Buchanan Eng. Co and services are in the planning stages. He leaves behind a wife and 5 children and a child from a previous marriage. Go to the incident alert- Yonkers manhole for additional info. The 2nd Con Ed member is still not out of the woods, our thoughts are with both familys.

http://emtbravo.just5buckshosting.com/phpB...opic.php?t=1244

Hudson, thank you for posting this info. I had wanted to post something yesterday, but was waiting until it became public. Unfortunately, i was unable to get on my computer last night to post it. As a member and officer of the Buchanan Engine Company, i will say that we are all in shock over this terrible tragedy. Chris was a great guy who was very family orientated. Chris was only 35 years old, and yes, had a total of 6 children, including infant twins. Chris was on the job with Con Edison for 17 years and was a Foreman with them. Our Assistant Chief has contacted the family to ensure that anything that they may need will be taken care of. As Hudson stated, services are in the planning stages, but when they are set, i will post them. Also, i know Con Edison will most likely do the right thing for the O'Connors, but as far as Buchanan FD, i know we too will be looking into helping by means of some sort of fund raiser.

Our hearts and prayers go out to both families that were soo terribly affected by this tragedy.

Thank you all,

Lt. Mike Swankie

Buchanan FD

My thoughts and prayers go out to Chris's family, friends, co-workers, and fellow members of Buchanan FD.

~RIP~

WAKE/FUNERAL INFORMATION FOR CHRIS O'CONNOR....

Wake/Departmental services: Wednesday, June 30, 7:30pm, Carters funeral home, Kings Ferry Rd., Montrose.

Funeral: Thursday, July 1, 11:00am, St. Christophers Church, Albany Post Rd., Buchanan.

Thank you all for you concerns.

Lt. Michael Swankie

Buchanan FD

With regrets i post the sad info that the 2nd worker Rich Lombardo of Wappingers Falls passed away from the injurys he recieved in the same incident, Rich was approx 24 yrs old and has been with edison for about 3 yrs.

Fundraiser for the family of Christopher O'Connor...

The Buchanan Engine Company is conducting a 50/50 raffle to raise money for the family of Chris O'Connor. The drawing will be held at our annual clam bake on Sunday, October 10, 2004. Tickets are only $1 each, so it won't kill anyones piggy bank! All proceeds will go to the O'Connor family!

As many of you will recall, Chris was a firefighter with the Buchanan Engine Company. Chris, along with another worker, were killed in a man-hole explosion in Yonkers. They were both employed by Con-Edison where Chris was a foreman on the job. Chris leaves behind a wife and 5 young children, so they could use all the help they can get.

If you are interested in purchasing a ticket, please contact me via private message on this Network. Also, you may call the firehouse at (914) 737-5010 & ask for President/Ex-Chief Bob Outhouse for tickets.

Again, the O'Connor family could really use all the help we can give them, so even if you buy 1 ticket, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,

2nd Lt. Michael Swankie

Buchanan Engine Co.