Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDNY ALF?

15 posts in this topic

Does FDNY use any American La France in the Fleet? Ive never seen one and I tried to google it and I didnt find anything. I was just wondering. I know they have Seagrave, E-one, Mack, maybee Pierce and some other pieces of apparatus.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Chris, they actualy do have one i believe. its an engine, im just not sure yet which one. I thought i was 24 or somthing. I know Code 3 made a model after it. Ill check on that but i know they do/did in the past few years.

I know they did use a hand full of AFLs back in the day. The Super Tower, 14 truck was an AFL along with a few engines they had. Looking at pictures, it seems like the FDNY had a lot of AFLs in the past.

while on the subject, anyone know anything about 63 engine and how it was once an international? http://www.worldfiredepartments.com/Fdny1/E63.htm odd looking truck huh?

Edited by Firefighter57

FDNY Recieved an donated ALF built to FDNY Specs following Sept 11, 2001. It was origionally assigned to E-34 then spent some time bouncing around the city. I believe it is now assigned to the Governors Island Detail

FDNY Recieved an donated ALF built to FDNY Specs following Sept 11, 2001.  It was origionally assigned to E-34 then spent some time bouncing around the city.  I believe it is now assigned to the Governors Island Detail

The last time I buffed NY it was over in GI. That was about 6 months ago.

And I think the JFK hose wagon might still be an ALF Century series, though I think is it going to be replaced or might have already been.

Edited by IzzyEng4

Right after 9/11 ALF donated one Engine wich was assigned to engine 34 in hells kitchen.

it was replaced with a seagrave in less than a year i believe.

I have heard that it is on the governors island detail now.

Speaking of Governors Island, anyone know what happened to the 100' Pierce Tower Ladder that was once there? Did FDNY take it over, or is it gone?

gifdtruckco.1.jpg

Edited by res6cue

Don't a few of the Volunteer companies out in Queens or Staten run some older ALF engines?

Yes, Eng 201 and 203 from Broad Channel VFD, were both 1980 ALFs. I believe they were recently sold (for about $5000 a piece). Here is the link to their website: http://www.broadchannelvfd.org/

Look under pictures, use the scroll down box top, center to go to current apparatus.

Edited by grumpyff

The 2001 ALF Eagle which originally went to 34 and later 257 was NOT a post-9/11 donation. It was originally a demo assigned to the city for evaluation by several companies. They bought it after 9/11 due to the emergency shortage of apparatus. It either was not holding up well, or was too big for some houses (depending on sources believed) and ended up in it's present location.

Rescue 6 is an ALF Rescue on a Condor chassis. It is a reserve in lower Manhatten I believe. You can see it on FDNY Trucks as well