Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Want more power in your F-150?

5 posts in this topic

New F-Force Supercharger Kit From PowerWorks Packs 150 Extra Horsepower into V-8 F-150 pickups

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - March 26, 2006:

PowerWorksTM, a brand of Novi, Mich.-based MAHLE Powertrain, today announced availability of its new F-Force™ supercharger kit for Ford’s F-150 full-size pickup trucks equipped with the 5.4 liter, three-valve V-8 engine.

The new F-Force supercharger kit is available now from PowerWorks distributors throughout North America.

The kit adds a massive, 150-rear-wheel-horsepower performance boost over the stock engine’s factory output and works with all 2004-2006 model-year F-150 pickups equipped with the 5.4 liter three-valve V-8 engine, including all 2WD and 4WD models.

The F-Force supercharger kit also boosts torque by more than 150 lb.-ft., allowing drivers to more easily pull boats, trailers and other recreational equipment.

"The PowerWorks F-Force supercharger kit can turn a great truck like the F-150 into a superb, fire-breathing machine that can handle the toughest tasks you throw at it," said Mark Blaha, PowerWorks manager. "Whether you're hauling for work or haulin' for fun, F-Force gives you the power you need to get it done."

To produce this extra power, PowerWorks provides a complete, turn-key upgrade that includes:

• A Magna Charger M112 roots-type supercharger with inlet-forward design to reduce air restriction and allow freer breathing

• An integrated air/water intercooler, complete with a low-temperature radiator, to create cooler, denser air at the intake

• A coolant pump to ensure efficient intercooler water circulation

• New fuel injectors to allow higher fuel flow when required

• All required hardware (to eliminate extra costs and simplify assembly) The kit also comes with “plug and play†electrical and vacuum harnesses and a complete new high-flow induction system to enhance the engine’s breatheability.

Ease of Installation with No Modifications

For ease of installation, the F-Force supercharger kit includes full-color installation instructions and does not require any special tools beyond a basic socket set and a few tools required for wiring (solder gun, crimping tool, etc.), that might normally be found in a car lover’s tool kit.

Installation can be completed easily by competent do-it-yourselfers in about 8 to 10 hours, with no cutting, welding or fabrication required. The truck can be returned to stock condition at any time.

Calibration: Key to Performance, Durability

The key to the success of the PowerWorks upgrade lies not only in the calibration for the engine, but – equally important – in the transmission.

Based on MAHLE Powertrain’s vast experience in providing calibration directly to several major automakers, the PowerWorks kit includes a CARB EO-compliant remapping of the F-150’s engine control module that changes timing and air-fuel ratios throughout the entire rev range.

This provides much higher performance levels while still maintaining long-term durability. In addition, idle quality, low-speed drivability, cold- and hot-weather capability, and complete on-board diagnostics are maintained in the PowerWorks calibration.

Each supercharger kit includes a postage-paid package to return the customer’s powertrain control module to PowerWorks for reflashing and shipping back to the customer within 24 hours.

Pricing and Availability

Suggested retail pricing for the kit is $5,500 and can be purchased directly from PowerWorks dealers in North America

source: autochannel.com

Awe gee, my 5.4L V8 wasn't burning enough of that $2.75/gallon gas I think I need a supercharger!!!!

In theory more power doesn't mean more fuel.

Often times turbocharging and supercharging make engines more effecient by making power more effectively through the hp/torque curve.

My family had a 1996 Chevy Tahoe that had some engine work done. Most notably was the supercharger that added plenty of power (a dynoed total of 400bhp at the rear wheels) but also increased fuel economy by 25%.... On the highway, the truck had enough power to pull overdrive up just about any hill without downshifting, and around town requred less throttle imput to drive the local roads.

It's not always the case that you get better power and better economy, but high quality products can often give you the best of both worlds.

Higher air flow and bigger fuel injectors to allow higher fuel flow is what this article says...now I'm not a mechanic but it sounds like it would burn more gas. And generally more power does mean more fuel. Of course there are exceptions.

man if i got that wheewwwww its already costing me $85 to fill up my 5.4 v8 nd its only 2 months old