Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

how can i start recording live audio

7 posts in this topic

hi i'm new and i was think dose anyone know how to start recording live audio for 10-75 on the computer thank you alll for read this

Use the Audio output of your scanner and go into the Line in on your PC. Make sure you wires match up, or you might get hums or no audio at all.. Then use a program like VOX Recorder.

Use the Audio output of your scanner and go into the Line in on your PC. Make sure you wires match up, or you might get hums or no audio at all.. Then use a program like VOX Recorder.

where can i get this suff and do i need a computer web page for this and how much would you think this we'll cost

ems-buff: if you know what you need and how to do it, you can probably just head down to your local Radio Shack and find/ask for the stuff you need. All scanners (to my knowledge) are mono so you could do what some do: splice two mono cords into one stereo plug and pipe one scanner into the left channel and one into the right (ScanCT.com does this). You can then fade left or right depending on what scanner you want to listen to/record. Any program capable of recording from the line in/mic in should be usable. I don't do this myself so I can't recommend any particular software.

If you want a live feed to the net like ScanCT.com then you would need a lot more stuff. Easier for you would be to do what DFFD227 does and upload his files to a website. You can setup your own website (space can be had for as little a $5 a month, price increasing with space and features). Again, I can't recommend a particular webserver but if you google around you will find many and can shop around for the right fit for your needs.

thank you for all your help i'll tell you how it comes out sometime

Yes, its a very easy procedure. Just make sure you have an editing program to edit the transmissions, because no one wants to listen to 120 Minz of nothing. If you listen to some of my audio you may notice that the audio may be off in some. Play with your audio and set it to your preferences. I use to do this a lot, But I haven't had the time to update it. Maybe sometime in the future again, but I just do not have the time anymore....My apologies :D