Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Places In Westchester To See Lights

13 posts in this topic

Soo were would be th best place to go look at lights and take kids to the best place i can think of is that block of houses in white plains across from stepinac the place amazes me evrytime i go there

give some input

i dont know if they do this anymore but it was always great to go see, is behind the port chester post office. It was only 2 or 3 houses but it was awsome. the amount of lights that they had up could light up a whole fire scene adiquately. the plus side for you is that you dont have to travel very far either. like i said before, i am not sure if they do it any more. i havent been back there in years during the X mas season. because it is so close to you, you might want to check it out.

I used to cover all the big holiday houses at my old job. It's been years since I've seen these displays, but maybe some members can verify if they still have them and correct the addresses:

Armonk- Off 128, maybe Cobblers Lane? The house you had to park and walk up the driveway. They had a big sign out front with the rules and shut off times.

Harrison- Near Oakland and Parsons.

White Plains- Briga Lane off Mamaroneck Ave. Used to be incredible, 15 houses on one block. Last time I saw it, half the houses had nothing up. This should be the one youre talking about Stick.

Yonkers- Highview Terrace, off Hall Pl., Nepperhan Ave X Roberts Ave, Scarsdale Road just north of Cristfield St.

New Rochelle- Off Wilmont Road, maybe Retiro Lane or Turner Drive? Took my nephews the last couple of years, should still be there.

Bronx- The houses off Pelham Parkway, never been there but see it on the news every year.

The Bronx Zoo- Actually a very cool display and worth the trip.

I know of a few in North Jersey, right over the GWB. I'll post if you want.

I used to cover all the big holiday houses at my old job. It's been years since I've seen these displays, but maybe some members can verify if they still have them and correct the addresses:

Armonk- Off 128, maybe Cobblers Lane? The house you had to park and walk up the driveway. They had a big sign out front with the rules and shut off times.

Harrison- Near Oakland and Parsons.

White Plains- Briga Lane off Mamaroneck Ave. Used to be incredible, 15 houses on one block. Last time I saw it, half the houses had nothing up. This should be the one youre talking about Stick.

Yonkers- Highview Terrace, off Hall Pl. 

New Rochelle- Off Wilmont Road, maybe Retiro Lane or Turner Drive? Took my nephews the last couple of years, should still be there.

Bronx- The houses off Pelham Parkway, never been there but see it on the news every year.

The Bronx Zoo- Actually a very cool display and worth the trip.

I know of a few in North Jersey, right over the GWB. I'll post if you want.

The bronx zoo is deffinatly a great place to take the kids for some fun....

they have some of the animals on display, some hot food and drink and some amazing light displays this year like they do every year. They also have ice craving demonstrations and other cool things

I recommend going on a friday night because that is when the most things are going on...its a little crowded but that does not matter because it is such a huge area.

here is a list of all of the activities that happen i a night as given to me by the bronx zoo website:

"Hess Presents the Bronx Zoo’s 10th Holiday Lights Season

Ongoing nightly activities include:

Tiger Mountain enrichment demonstrations at 6:00 and 8:00 p.m.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar at the Butterfly Garden from 5:00–9:00 p.m.

Ice carving demonstrations at Dancing Crane Plaza from 5:30–9:00 p.m.

Storytelling at the Children’s Zoo at 6:00, 7:00, and 8:00 p.m.

Carolers at Dancing Crane Café at 6:00, 7:00, and 8:00 p.m.

Stilt walkers and animal costume characters at Dancing Crane Plaza

between 5:00–9:00 p.m.

Holiday Lights visitors can also visit the following animal exhibits, open nightly:

World of Reptiles

Mouse House

Children's Zoo Domestic Area

Zoo Center, featuring camels and babirusas

Astor Court, featuring reindeer"

http://www.bronxzoo.com/bz-whatshappening

Open:

Fridays–Sundays November 17–December 17 and January 5–7

Nightly December 18–January 1

Edited by bvfdjc316

I believe the Armonk electrician brothers stopped the lights after the events of September 11th (I believe they donated money in exchange for putting up the lights). But man, when I was younger, that was the BEST place.

thannks keep em coming im willing to go anywere i am in such the christmas spirit this year umm the one in port chester is still there at the corner of haseco x irving ave yep there great thanks

hey truck4 can you post those jersey ones thanks

Slightly off topic, but New Haven (CT) has a great light show at Lighthouse Park, and Jones Beach has an outstanding one on the West End. I highly recommend both.

-Joe DA BUFF

I believe the Armonk electrician brothers stopped the lights after the events of September 11th (I believe they donated money in exchange for putting up the lights). But man, when I was younger, that was the BEST place.

i also used to go every year. I didnt think they stoped doing it because of 9/11 though, i thought it was just getting way to tough to set up every year and it was too costly. when i first started going it was all free but i remember i read in the paper that they wanted to start charging people. dont know if they did/are charging. this is going back atleast 6 years ago though so i have no clue now.

hahah if you are in bedford hills though, you can drive by my house! laugh.gif

Check out the website

Christmas lights

There's one house I've found on Morris Drive in Continental Village that has one of these displays.

Edited by ajsbear

There's a guy near me who has a fantastic light set up.

The end of the culdusac on Highview Terrace. It's off of Central Ave just north of McLane.

Just wanted to let everyone know I saw the coolest decorated house last night. It is In continental Village on the corner of Morris and Allen, just off of aqueduct rd. This house beats what I have seen beofre. The homeowner has a transmitter that plays christmas music that you tune your car radio to 98.5 to hear it, and he has all the lights programmed in sequence with the music that is playing. From what I hear this set up is expensive due to the need of transmitter and a reciever for each starnd of lights or other ornament. Anyway it was really cool, so I figured I'd let you guys know about it.

This is only a part of a a really neat, unique display at a house in Hartsdale.....

[attachmentid=1795]

post-11-1166830271.jpg