Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

County Police Fleet Gets Cooler And Cooler...

10 posts in this topic

I passed by equipment recv'ing for Port Auth. NY/NJ and they had a radio car with the weirdest light bar on it. At first glance it looks like an LED bar only about 6 inches taller. And it is split down the middle just like a McDermott. When it is raised it goes from being a horizontal light bar to a vertical lightbar and just the brace remains horizontal on the roof. It was a combo of LED's and spot/floods. I did a real quick search (online) to no avail. If anyone is familiar with this bar please post. I'd like to take a look at the spec's. I lit it up with my E-Wagon and their was no name or manufacturer on it of course....Thanks,

Rick

I passed by equipment recv'ing for Port Auth. NY/NJ and they had a radio car with the weirdest light bar on it. At first glance it looks like an LED bar only about 6 inches taller. And it is split down the middle just like a McDermott. When it is raised it goes from being a horizontal light bar to a vertical lightbar and just the brace remains horizontal on the roof. It was a combo of LED's and spot/floods. I did a real quick search (online) to no avail. If anyone is familiar with this bar please post. I'd like to take a look at the spec's. I lit it up with my E-Wagon and their was no name or manufacturer on it of course....Thanks,

Rick

http://www.whelen.com/details_prod.php?hea...=27&prod_id=220

is that the light bar u were talking about?

I'm almost positive that the MTA Police Highway Patrol units have those light bars.

I'm almost positive that the MTA Police Highway Patrol units have those light bars.

They do. There are pictures on the web somewhere.

They do, an MTA officer came upon an auto accident when I was working (Fairview: Dutchess). He raised the bars up and all, was a great way to mark the scene (and make apparatus drivers blind!) Totally worthwhile though!

They do, an MTA officer came upon an auto accident when I was working (Fairview: Dutchess). He raised the bars up and all, was a great way to mark the scene (and make apparatus drivers blind!) Totally worthwhile though!

You know, I was going to post this yesterday, but held back. I saw this cruiser you are talking about, back in October up on Rt. 55 in Pk.

user posted image

Edited by xfirefighter484x

I've seen MTA Police Highway units at the MTA Bridges & Tunnels facilities, but other then that, what exactly do they do?