Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jklam3

Eastchester fire 12/26

13 posts in this topic

House fire extinguished on Old Wilmot Road in Eastchester

By NICOLE NEROULIAS

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: December 26, 2007)

EASTCHESTER - A two-alarm house fire on Old Wilmot Road is out, after Eastchester firefighters spent more than three hours on the scene this morning.

No one was injured in the 151 Old Wilmot Rd. fire, which was reported at 4:31 a.m., said Lt. William Curran, Eastchester police.

The fire was under control by 7 a.m., but firefighters and investigators were still on the scene at 9:20 a.m.

The residents got out safely, police said. The blaze apparently started in the basement. Its cause was not immediately available. Old Wilmot Road, off the Hutchinson River Parkway, may be closed this morning for the investigation, Curran said.

The brothers from Eastchester and New Rochelle did a great job!!

Does anyone have any pictures?

Edited by efd184

Hey EFD184, you mean you actually got to go in this one? Just kidding. Heard you guys did a good job under tough circumstances as usual.

I heard the job was in Mike Grogan's Parents house. Hopefully everyone is OK. I know both Mike and his Dad (who is a retired EFD guy too). We all know what is "routine" and just another day at work for us, becomes something different when it is actually in a relatives' or our own home. I wish the Grogan Family well !!!

All of our prayers are with the Grogan Family at this time. This house was the home of retired FF Joe Grogan and the family home of Chief Mike Grogan, Lt Dan Grogan, and Lt. Kevin Grogan ALL of the Eastchester Fire Dept. Lets all say a special prayer for them in this time of need. Thinking of all of you.

Our prayers our with the Grogan Family at their great time of need.

A great job to all the volunteer and career firefighters, police officers, and EMT's who braved the weather and did the best they could given the circumstances.

This was actually a 3rd Alarm.

Eastchester FD Units: 2101, 2102, 2103, E27, E29, E30, E31, L16, L15

New Rochelle FD Units: 2302, E22, E23, L12, MSU3, Safety Officer

Eastchester EMS Units: 5711, 57M1, 57B2

County DES Units: Battalion 18, FieldComm 1, C&O Zone 2, Car 25

Mount Vernon E6 (E206) & L2 (L62) in Eastchester for coverage.

Fire chief watches his parents' home go up in flames

Home News Tribune Online 12/26/07

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

EASTCHESTER, N.Y.: When Eastchester Fire

Chief Michael Grogan heard the address crackle

through the radio he bolted out of bed, realizing

that's his parent's home.

The fire apparently began in the basement early

Wednesday at 151 Wilmot Rd. at 4:30 a.m. and

destroyed the house before it was extinguished by

some 30 volunteer firefighters. The fire was under

control by 7 a.m.

Grogan says it was painful to watch his family's

pictures, old toys and other memories be destroyed in

the three-alarm fire. Everyone inside the house,

including the family's pets, made it out unharmed.

Investigators are still trying to determine what

caused the blaze.

Fire chief watches his parents' home go up in flames

Home News Tribune Online 12/26/07

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

EASTCHESTER, N.Y.: When Eastchester Fire

Chief Michael Grogan heard the address crackle

through the radio he bolted out of bed, realizing

that's his parent's home.

The fire apparently began in the basement early

Wednesday at 151 Wilmot Rd. at 4:30 a.m. and

destroyed the house before it was extinguished by

some 30 volunteer firefighters. The fire was under

control by 7 a.m.

The Associated press needs to get the story straight.

There were NO volunteer firefighters at all.

Group 3's entire crew, NR's 2 engines, 1 ladder, 2302, MSU and safety officer. (With Thanks!)

We no longer have volunteers respond. (Besides, there are no more.)

Edited by Get the roof

If anyone knows of a collection being taken up, or wants me to set up a collection point via this site, please contact me via PM or email at x635@EMTBravo.com

Thoughts and prayers are with the Grogan family.

If they need anything else at all, from me or this site, again, contact me anytime via PM or email at x635@EMTBravo.com

I have to give a lot of respect and credit to Chief Grogan. Running any fire is stressful in itself, but to stand there and command a fire at your family's home - that's got to be hard. I was working during this and listened to this on my way home, and never once did you hear any sign of panic or excitement in his voice.

Hopefully the Chief's (and the rest of Grogan clan) parents are able to rebuild this home, which thankfully the Eastchester and New Rochelle guys worked their hardest to save.

I have to give a lot of respect and credit to Chief Grogan. Running any fire is stressful in itself, but to stand there and command a fire at your family's home - that's got to be hard. I was working during this and listened to this on my way home, and never once did you hear any sign of panic or excitement in his voice.

Hopefully the Chief's (and the rest of Grogan clan) parents are able to rebuild this home, which thankfully the Eastchester and New Rochelle guys worked their hardest to save.

I cannot agree with you more. I have no idea how he maintained his composure at this job, but he did it with professionalism and concern for the men. Knowing and working with him for 20 years as well as working with his brothers and dad hits home hard. 60 control did an absolute professional job as always.

Edited by Get the roof